• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED HELP*** what part is this

A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
its on the clutch side if you pull off the cover, mounted up top towards your knee, its a round cylinder black thing, with 2 wires quick connected to it? i think its on the intake plastic, maybe a sensor?? i hit a bomb today and it snapped in half causing my gauge to go off, and put me in limp mode back to the truck.. any help appreciated.. thanks and its a 12

A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
thats what i thought but at the same time my gauge goes out?? and puts me in limp, would the gauge not working put me in limp?

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
I believe you are going to have to do some additional digging to find your problem. I do believe you have a blown fuse, but don't believe the beeper is the cause. Those wires can be shorted out and cause no issue unless the limp mode started when you tried to put sled in reverse. This is the only time the beeper has current so even if you tied the wires together and never hit reverse, you wouldn't blow a fuse. One thing to check is the routing of wires down by your jackshaft. They are pretty close and if you hit hard enough, you could have pushed them into shaft. We had one of our sleds do this (not from impact, just bad routing from factory) and had to replace entire wireing harness. Just another spot to check if simply replacing beeper and fuse doesn't work for you. Might check your O2 sensor also. It is pretty close to beeper and may have taken a hit also. Not sure what the sled does if it loses that sensor.

Aaron

Last edited:
A

Arctic Kapp

Mar 9, 2013
the boat, CO
Well the sleds still under warranty, so I dropped it off at the stealership, I'll let them deal with it.. Obviously something other than the reverse is causing the gauge not to be on, and the limp is most likely do to the gauge. Thanks all!

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Let us know what they find. Always interesting to hear what the outcome of these types of things are.

Aaron

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Premium Features