• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA airbag small issue? Or large issue?

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Take a look at your bags, after I arrived back to the truck today from a great day of riding the steep/deep/trees, I went to stow my pull handle in the zippered pocket to come to find that the cable housing was no longer connected to the bag! I discovered that a small screw had come loose and fallen out where the cable is attached to the internals of the shoulder strap. This is actually very important for the cable to work properly. Boy, oh boy I am so glad I did not need to use it today to come to find out it wouldn't deploy!!!

FYI - check yours now, apply loctite to the screw.

Also, can someone tell me if there is suppose to be any kind of spacer that goes between the two plastic ears of the cable housing? I did find the small screw at the bottom of the zippered pocket.

Sorry, this is on the Float 'throttle' 22 bag.

Last edited:
M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
Take a look at your bags, after I arrived back to the truck today from a great day of riding the steep/deep/trees, I went to stow my pull handle in the zippered pocket to come to find that the cable housing was no longer connected to the bag! I discovered that a small screw had come loose and fallen out where the cable is attached to the internals of the shoulder strap. This is actually very important for the cable to work properly. Boy, oh boy I am so glad I did not need to use it today to come to find out it wouldn't deploy!!!

FYI - check yours now, apply loctite to the screw.

Also, can someone tell me if there is suppose to be any kind of spacer that goes between the two plastic ears of the cable housing? I did find the small screw at the bottom of the zippered pocket.

Sorry, this is on the Float 'throttle' 22 bag.
my float 30 has play in the cable at the trigger handle but works fine,grip and rip buddy!!!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I am pretty sure that is just a guide,bas long as the cable is still attached at the valve it should deploy. Can you put the bolt in from the top? Might stay in better or does it only go one way? I bet in a real Avy you would pull that bag inside out if it didn't deploy.

Premium Features