• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 D7 limp mode

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Wanted to see if anyone had these kind of issues with a 07 D7. I bought the sled last year with 1400 miles on it and in great shape. Go ride in Colorado last year and first day ecu dies. Buy a new ecu and voltage regulator and it runs great the rest of the trip. When i get back to Michigan the sled goes into limp mode within a half mile of the trailer. Test throttle bodies and they were a little out of whack, adjusted them, and it ran fine for a while with occasional limp mode events. Didn't ride much after that and put it away for storage and drained all of the fuel.

This year starts and I had about 1700 miles on it. Occasionally the check engine light goes on after a decent pull going down the trail. Then limp mode starts happening very frequently. Detach DET sensor and runs without problems, check pistons and no scoring. Try buddies ecu off 09 d7 and seems to run fine. Bring it to the dealer to get reflash...still limp mode. Dealer says there was a code for low voltage to injectors, so they check stator...its good. They reason that the newest flash is very sensitive to DET, perhaps too much so. I put new fuel filter in, along with octane booster and the light comes on occasionally with one instance of limp mode after 20 miles.

Anyone had these problems? I bought this sled because these motors were supposedly rock solid, now im scratching my head. I love snowmobiling, but this is driving me nuts and costing me way too much!

Andy

I'd check the timing, perhaps it's advanced a bit more than it should be causing the detonation

Premium Features