• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Everybody see this??!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Got to get the masses fired up or our sport is doomed. Interesting how many of the WMC posts sound similar in nature to this document.
I caught that as well. Same topics, same points.. good old WWA. No wonder they are supporting the WMC, they have the same ideologies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
It seems small..In this the Winter Wildlands Alliance wants to change a few words...and is calling on ALL people opposed to power-sports to support them.

BUT...

Those few words could KILL sledding as we know it in the back country...NATION-WIDE

NOT in 10 years... but literally OVERNIGHT!!!

Wake up people!!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
They want us out of the National Forest. The current Adminastration, controled by left wing libs at this time, has barrowed 1 trillion dollars, (1 TRILLON DOLLARS) in the last 9 mounts of the fiscal yr. China is getting our National Forest lands as colateral. They own 900 Billion dollars of our debt now.

For sure America,WAKE UP!!!

Thanks Brew, on the letters right now. Everyone join in.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Everybody see this??!! Reply to Thread

Thanks Paul for the post although it's a TOUGH READ, it sure makes the blood boil. We need to fix this by doing what we can to change the image that the general public has of snomobiles and snomobilers if it's not too late!You can't sit back and hope that it will take years for this to happen they have more money and good lawyers on their side and sounds like they want immediate action. We can hope that the states and or country realize the amount of money that our sport generates year after year to the economy. I hate to think that we'll be looked at as criminals for simply doing what we love to do because they'll have to pry my handlebars from my fingers if they think that I'll ever give it up. I guess there's always Canada :canada:

4strokeperformance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Do ya think if we give up our Sleds, Bikes, Boats, Jet skis, and any other motorized vehicle, that these people will be happy? I think not. Their way of life is the only way acceptable to them. Live and let live does not exist to them. It's their way or the highway. Period. Just think, If none of us had a life, we could spend all our time trying to take away what they love to do. Hey we could go after cross country skis. O wait I like doing that too. Sometimes it seems like there are people that are only happy if others can't be. Pretty discouraging.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
What I find interesting is that on the top of page 24 in that petition, they have part of a quote from a skier. Now I have been to Cooke City a few times, and every time I see skiers THEY ARE RIDING SNOWMOBILES to their destinations, and using them to ride back up. I think that story is B.S. you as sledders know you wouldn't climb a hill with another person on it. C'mon these tree-huggers are really getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, this is nothing new - especially from WWA. They are just nuts. :yell:

SAWS could probably send out a nationwide alert, but I am not sure it would get much response. What do you all think?

We will have out a WA SAWS alert shortly regarding Wenatchee National Forest. Thank you Steve. Please friends, ACT ON IT !!!:face-icon-small-con

I don't have too much spare time to get on these forums much anymore, but I did post their BS on our SAWS website too, as SW has done, so that all can view their little rant.

http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/data/2010/WWA_2005_TP_Petition.pdf

Take care,

Dave

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
Unfortunately, this is nothing new - especially from WWA. They are just nuts. :yell:

SAWS could probably send out a nationwide alert, but I am not sure it would get much response. What do you all think?

We will have out a WA SAWS alert shortly regarding Wenatchee National Forest. Thank you Steve. Please friends, ACT ON IT !!!:face-icon-small-con

I don't have too much spare time to get on these forums much anymore, but I did post their BS on our SAWS website too, as SW has done, so that all can view their little rant.

http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/data/2010/WWA_2005_TP_Petition.pdf
Take care,

Dave

Dave, I think each time the enviro's make a peep we got to yell back until they get shell shock!!! This is a new initiative on their part and we need to hit it hard and fast. I say nationwide alert since it's not really targeting any specific area, it's all area's.

I think it's also important to try and get in the larger media with articles about the restrictions of freedoms that are being proposed. We need to try and appeal to the larger population. Does SAWS have any PR type thoughts outside of the immediate sledder groups? Perhaps come up with ad slicks that we can print off and spread/post in our cities and pass out to neighbors.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Dave, I think each time the enviro's make a peep we got to yell back until they get shell shock!!! This is a new initiative on their part and we need to hit it hard and fast. I say nationwide alert since it's not really targeting any specific area, it's all area's.

I think it's also important to try and get in the larger media with articles about the restrictions of freedoms that are being proposed. We need to try and appeal to the larger population. Does SAWS have any PR type thoughts outside of the immediate sledder groups? Perhaps come up with ad slicks that we can print off and spread/post in our cities and pass out to neighbors.

Yep, and sledders in every state flooding every FS meeting with copies of this proposal in hand.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.

100% with you, anytime they open there mouth's we need to beable to respond. Does not matter what group, crazy or not. I'm not to sure but our current Admin. is a little crazy also.

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
As previously mentioned, this goes deeper than an attempt at destroying our favorite sport; it's a blatant attack on individual rights. People need to get fired up and angry at every single attack on our freedom. This is certainly no exception.

I, for one, will be attending These Meetings with all of my acquaintances, as well as spreading the word via my radio broadcast. Please continue sharing any thoughts on the best ways to counter-attack.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
As previously mentioned, this goes deeper than an attempt at destroying our favorite sport; it's a blatant attack on individual rights. People need to get fired up and angry at every single attack on our freedom. This is certainly no exception.

I, for one, will be attending These Meetings with all of my acquaintances, as well as spreading the word via my radio broadcast. Please continue sharing any thoughts on the best ways to counter-attack.

Radio broadcast?

Premium Features