• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Upgrade the MCX blowoff valve?

Aug 15, 2008
Hey everybody,
I've read a couple posts about boost spike on the MCXpress kits for the apex's. I got the 290 kit and it's brand new, still only have 9km's on the entire sled itself..lol. Anyways, I was just wondering if I should look into upgrading the blow off valve, or are the MCX ones sufficient? I really don't care about how much noise it makes, I just want reliability ya know?

Thanks guys..

:beer;

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I've been running a MCX one for almost 5000km with no issues.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
the stock spring in the mcx kit for my nytro was way stiff and wasnt blowing of squat, well blowing off the snow from the filter while the turbo was barking. i shortend the stock spring and it worked much better but then it did start to hang open and was leaking boost. i tried wet sanding the cylinder and it would work for a bit then it would quit again. tried lube to that didnt work.
i ended up replacing it with a synapsis, which works well but is really heavy for a bov.

If when you lift the throttle the snow BLOWS off the filter.......your bov aint blow'n off! i dont know if it will break the turbo shaft or not but the throttle response is so much better with the bov working correctly.

Premium Features