• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated Shield?

R
Nov 20, 2009
I really didn't want to ask, but better to be safe than stranded! I bought a heated shield for my helmut it has 2 wires and I have the '05 900 Fusion.
With that being said I don't want to hook it up wrong! Any help would great
be appreciated! I do see a plug by the ignition but it has 3 wires on it.
BTW I did look at all 8 pages before I asked if I missed sorry!

Thanx, Redd

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
1. Go to an automotive dealer and pick up a 2 wire flat trailer connector
2. Cut the wires and strip the ends
3. Cut and strip the ends of the heat shield jack wires that came with your helmet
4. solder the 2 wire flat trailer connector to the heat shield wires
5. tape them up (or better yet use heat shrink)

The following may work better in a different order (like running the wire first)
6. Plug the 2 wire flat trailer connector into the accessory jack within the engine cab (should be tie wrapped to the frame above the brake pad)
7. Run the heat shield jack from the engine cab up through the stearing penetration under the handle bar pad and out the left side (just under the brake) [you could get fancy and drill holes in the console].
8. Test with a volt meter...you should see between 12 and 14 volts on the heat shield jack.

Hope this helps

R
Nov 20, 2009
1. Go to an automotive dealer and pick up a 2 wire flat trailer connector
2. Cut the wires and strip the ends
3. Cut and strip the ends of the heat shield jack wires that came with your helmet
4. solder the 2 wire flat trailer connector to the heat shield wires
5. tape them up (or better yet use heat shrink)

The following may work better in a different order (like running the wire first)
6. Plug the 2 wire flat trailer connector into the accessory jack within the engine cab (should be tie wrapped to the frame above the brake pad)
7. Run the heat shield jack from the engine cab up through the stearing penetration under the handle bar pad and out the left side (just under the brake) [you could get fancy and drill holes in the console].
8. Test with a volt meter...you should see between 12 and 14 volts on the heat shield jack.

Hope this helps
Thank you! I saw that in the manual just didn't know fo' sho'!

Premium Features