• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flu shot may actually increase your risk.....

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
...of contracting H1N1 swine flu.
I'll post this here since the flu has become a hot political issue, and according to some conspiracy theorists, the vaccine contains "potions" to control the population. :rolleyes:

I digress.:p

Here's the article posted on Canadian news source, CBC,.

Seasonal flu shot may increase H1N1 risk
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 | 10:03 PM ET Comments268Recommend216CBC News
Across Canada, public health authorities are fiercely debating the idea of shortening, delaying or scrapping their seasonal flu vaccination campaign in favour of mass inoculation against H1N1. (Greg Baker/Associated Press)Preliminary research suggests the seasonal flu shot may put people at greater risk for getting swine flu, CBC News has learned.

"This is some evidence that has been floated. It hasn't been validated yet, it's very preliminary," cautioned Dr. Don Low, microbiologist-in-chief at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto.

"This is obviously important data to help guide policy decisions. How can we best protect people against influenza?"

It's important to validate the information, which has not been peer reviewed, to make sure it's not just a fluke, and that the observation is confirmed elsewhere such as in the Southern Hemisphere, which just completed its seasonal flu season, or in the U.S. and UK.

Four Canadian studies involved about 2,000 people, health officials told CBC News. Researchers found people who had received the seasonal flu vaccine in the past were more likely to get sick with the H1N1 virus.

Researchers know that, theoretically, when people are exposed to bacteria or a virus, it can stimulate the immune system to create antibodies that facilitate the entry of another strain of the virus or disease. Dengue fever is one example, Low said.

No seasonal flu shot?
The latest finding raises questions about the order in which to get flu shots.

Across Canada, public health authorities are debating the idea of shortening, delaying or scrapping their seasonal flu vaccination campaign in favour of mass inoculation against H1N1.

The main reason is that H1N1 may be the dominant strain of influenza circulating when the fall flu season hits, meaning it could be a waste of time and resources to mount a seasonal flu vaccine campaign.

Health authorities in Quebec are considering cancelling or postponing seasonal flu shots for some groups, such as healthy, younger adults.

The Public Health Agency of Canada says it's up to provinces and territories to decide on when to roll out flu shots.

"We don't know with this year's flu shot how it interacts with the pandemic flu shot, so it's a worry," said Dr. Michael Gardam, director of infectious diseases prevention and control at the Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion.

"It makes the decision-making a lot more complex," Dr. Perry Kendall, B.C.'s provincial health officer, said in Victoria. "It would be very nice to have information cut and dried, and very clear in advance in plenty of time to make the decisions. But that isn't unfortunately the world that we're living in."

In Thornhill, Ont., Melissa Cass, who usually gets an annual flu shot to protect herself, had been planning to get one this year for her one-year-old daughter, Aliya, as well.

"You have a baby, you sort of want to protect them from everything possible. So if you can protect them from some things, why not?" Cass said.

But this year, she may not get any shots.

"If I knew that it was a risk to get H1N1, I wouldn't get any of them," she told CBC News. "I would just be as I am and just, you know, take all the precautions I possibly can for flus, and that's it."
Post a comment
268Comments have been posted

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
the good old swine flu shot,. made from diseased flesh of the African Green monkey.. by DynCorp, supplier to the U.S military for bio-nasties. patented also,

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
One of the morning news shows yesterday had a Dr on talking about the flu shots and he was asked about this. He said that it is purely a "myth" that you will get the flu if you have a flu shot, he laughed.

I've never had one and in my 38 years of existance, I can think of 1 year that I had the flu. I know people who get the flu shot every year and still end up getting it.???

I'm on the fence still whether or not to get the kids vaccinated.??? I don't think there's been enough research done on it and it seems like it was a hurry up deal to get it released, and we know how the government works with hurry up deals...

W
Jan 2, 2008
I know one of the worst flu's I've gotten was a couple weeks after a flu shot I'd gotten. Kinda hard to convince me the shot makes the flu symptoms less or shorter somehow :confused:

S
Nov 26, 2007
flu shot last winter damned near killed me. broke my immune system down, caused me to get dizzy, and I fell down some steps and I am still trying to recover. go to google
type in h1n1 flu vaccine, and see where that takes you. DynCorp actually infects these African Green monkeys delibertately to use as "incubators" to build this f*(&)7kin
stuff. As I said it is patented, and all these animal rights groups don't even know/care because obama admin has spread sooo many lies regarding it.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
just got my normal flu shot today...as I do every year. I work with way to many sick people to not get...I don't need to bring anymore crap home to my kids.

not sure if I'll get the H1N1 though

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
"X"
My GF/SO works in the surgical area of a major suburban minneapolis hospital, if I mentioned the name, it would be familiar. She's been there almost 30 years.

She said basically what you did w/regard to the flu shot. She said she wouldn't get a H1N1 'cause she, and others she works with didn't think it was tested enough,and rushed to market.

They are proly more concerned about hepatitus (sp).

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
and there you have it ...........RIP xrated

still here Snow. My arm was sore last night but I'm here.

i think alot of the medical field is leary on the h1n1 due to lack of testing....hell it's only a week to recover if you get it. And after 2 days my short term disability kicks in:D

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if you don't want the flu just stay away from chinese manderine oranges...the flu season always coincides the same time these nasty little devils are imported for consumption...they are peed on.crapped on..etc etc etc..for fetilizer...they are just nasty...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You didn't hear it here, but..........................
The H1N1 vaccine contains liquid implants that allow the government to monitor your thoughts any time you're near a wifi router.
Thought control serum is planned to be in next years "pandemic" innoculation.

You just read it on the internet, so it must be true!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
You didn't hear it here, but..........................
The H1N1 vaccine contains liquid implants that allow the government to monitor your thoughts any time you're near a wifi router.
Thought control serum is planned to be in next years "pandemic" innoculation.

You just read it on the internet, so it must be true!

well considering a majority of people voted for obama then there is no worry cause the govt would be monitering mostly thoughtless people

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
update.....

I got a cold:mad: Damn flu shot, or was it my 1 year old who got me sick? I gotta learn to say NO to cute little kids who love to give kisses to daddy.

Premium Features