• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone regretted going from rear mount to front mount?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I have a custom rear mount with gt2860rs and have been thinking of going front or mid mount. I ride hard all day and I think that the snow cooler does a great job of keeping charge temps down. My intercooler has never been warm to the touch. I have also figured out how to clutch and ride around the "lag". The only thing that I don't like about the kit is that the stock exhaust seems to crack a lot. I'm just wondering if other mountain riders have found that there is too much heat up front, or if most people that move it up front are happy with it. Any info would be great.

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
I had the same problem till i put the steel rx1 header on you do have to add some tubing to the end to get the right length ps i have a good set of the ti ones if you need some

M
Jan 14, 2004
Keep looking at the midmount system. I think you'll find its the way to go. Solves a ton of issues. I get my parts next week.

M5

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
Keep looking at the midmount system. I think you'll find its the way to go. Solves a ton of issues. I get my parts next week.

M5

Please start at thread when you get your parts - what gas tank are you going with Impulse or Rev?

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
FYI Yamaha makes stainless pipes for the Apex as well as the Ti ones. Lots cheaper and a little heavier duty. Work good for the turbos and are a direct replacement. :D

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
Rev tank.

M5

you going with regular rev tank or xp?

my apex and my brothers rx1 we both went with xp tanks plastics fit better and the seats look alot better too

will have photos up in a few days

M
Jan 14, 2004
you going with regular rev tank or xp?

my apex and my brothers rx1 we both went with xp tanks plastics fit better and the seats look alot better too

will have photos up in a few days

I bought a regular Rev tank cheap, I never looked at the XP tank. Does the XP tank move the fuel load under the seat like the old Rev tank, cause I may just go that route then if it makes things easier. Post a pic of the Xp tank if you don't mind.
M5

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
here is a few pictures of a xp tank

xptank.jpg

xptank2.jpg

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
here is a few pictures of a xp tank

xptank.jpg

xptank2.jpg

From what XP model is that fuel tank?

From the pictures it looks like it has dual fuel pickup lines - both on bottom left and right side. Do you guys use the top fitting for fuel return and install a extra fitting to vent the fuel tank?

Are you using a XP seat or carving out a OEM or aftermarket (boss/mountain mod) Yamaha seat on you project?

Thanks in advance:beer;

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
boss seat and rev tank

i am going to be doing this to my vector this fall. going to use rev tank and carve out my boss highrise seat. happy to find out the rev tank works well, since i have one in the garage. Is anyone using an electronic fuel gauge with the rev tank.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
The XP tanks work pretty well for the Apex/RX/Vector chassis's. IMSICK and Ringer are using them on their Synergy midmounts. Quantum Velocity has a pretty nice seat for that set up.

user54192_pic7125_1235786233.jpg

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
From what XP model is that fuel tank?

From the pictures it looks like it has dual fuel pickup lines - both on bottom left and right side. Do you guys use the top fitting for fuel return and install a extra fitting to vent the fuel tank?

Are you using a XP seat or carving out a OEM or aftermarket (boss/mountain mod) Yamaha seat on you project?

Thanks in advance:beer;

any xp besides the race sled as it's a 5 gal only

and im using the xp seat as it's very lite and good looking seat ill have pictures of it on a apex here in a week

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Oil pump

Wondering if anyone has gone from a rear mount MCX to a front or mid mount and has the mechanical oil return pump that they would like to sell at a reasonable price? I have an idea I would like to try.

Premium Features