• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

chain case help

T
Dec 2, 2007
Hi guys i have a 06 apex with reverse and a MCX kit. I am installing new drivers and a new track. So my question is does anyone have good instructions/advice on taking apart and putting the chaincase and reverse back together? Never done a yamaha before and i hear getting the reverse to work afterwards can be hard.? Any help would be appreciated! thanks.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
not hard, just a lot of pieces to keep track of. I personally printed off the parts blow up from yamaha and had it with me when putting back together. Just lay all the parts out as they came out and you will be fine. There is a good step by step on totallyamaha if i remember right.
The biggest pain is getting the shifter fork back into the slot on the gear. You just have to hold the linkage and make sure as you push the cover on that the fork makes its way back on. Hard to explain, but once you have done it a time or two it really isn't that difficult. I am sure some others can offer more tips that work.

Premium Features