• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled ARO LE Snowcheck - Is a free TSS install kit included?

T
Mar 29, 2011
Stateline, NV
Hoping someone on the forum here (or even better, someone from Polaris/Timbersled) can help me confirm if the TSS install kit is supposed to be included (free) with a snowcheck order of a ARO 120 or 137 LE. I could have sworn that this was the case when TS put their snowcheck offer out this spring, but of course their website no longer has the snowcheck offer page up and the email confirmation they provided for the snowcheck order didn't show it. I did find a TS dealer still showing something on their website that seems to reflect what I remember from TS's original snowcheck offer (https://blackfootdirect.com/blogs/snow-bike/2019-timbersled-snowcheck-program).

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

My local dealer said they checked with TS and they said it isn't included and are telling me I need to pay $1100 for the TSS install kit. I'm fine paying that if it isn't, in fact, included in the snowcheck offer but I am so sure that it is. I tried reaching out to Polaris directly and they have only given me the run-around to talk to my dealer.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just some input on this....every situation is different. Short answer is yes, all snowcheck units qualified for free TSS. But, there are always twists to every story. If you did not snowcheck a kit you have no claim to any preseason benefits. What if the guy who Snow checked it died and the dealer paid the unit off with his own money and is trying to use the TSS to recoup any small margin of profit that he can from the situation?

Right now it is their kit. Once you buy it, you can have full reign on it from there on out.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Talking with my dealer the other day he was telling me when TS brought out the 129 LE most guys changed their snow checks from 120 to 129. TS wont take back the 120 kits that he snow checked. The dealer is given until April to sell them before having to pay, after that he owns them. Pretty crappy way for Polaris to treat the dealers by introducing a new model after the fact. I expect there will be some great deals on 120 Aros this spring. They may be trying to recoup potential losses by selling the TSS separately

M5

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
yeah the manufactures push the kit inventory
but each dealer is unique
my dealer still has 2018 Aro's he didn't sell but no rebate program on 18s so he's supposed to sell them for the same price as 19s ?

T
Mar 29, 2011
Stateline, NV
I have since had some conversation with the owner of my dealership and he has reassured me that they will make good on the SnowCheck deal. There is clearly a breakdown in communication between Polaris/TS and their dealers (or at least mine). Beyond that I can't speculate on the cause of it until I speak with them further.

A
Nov 14, 2017
Talking with my dealer the other day he was telling me when TS brought out the 129 LE most guys changed their snow checks from 120 to 129. TS wont take back the 120 kits that he snow checked. The dealer is given until April to sell them before having to pay, after that he owns them. Pretty crappy way for Polaris to treat the dealers by introducing a new model after the fact. I expect there will be some great deals on 120 Aros this spring. They may be trying to recoup potential losses by selling the TSS separately

M5

This is true. I had considered going to the 129LE, but my dealer is a friend and I found out he was going to get stuck with any kits as you describe. This seems really underhanded of Polaris to do.

Premium Features