• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Sno-Rkt

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Looks pretty well balanced on the landing and after impact .

Any idea what it's running for ponies ? Obviously not lacking .

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Certainly looks like a ton of fun, but wondering how long 2 gallons of gas would last with an 800 twin... My Pro 800 burned through all 10 gallons in a typical ride day (4-5 hours or 40 miles.) My 450 uses about a gallon per hour of actual riding, according to the hour meter.

E
Dec 19, 2007
The stand up position looks perfect! (I'm a stand up rider) Does it have too much power to ride in the trees? Not to bust on the CVT but that's probably the only thing about it I don't like. To change my mind can you make some videos to show us some technical 1st gear riding in the trees possibly with other snow bikes for comparison?

It at least needs to be able to out maneuver Burrant on a two planker...

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I was the camera man

I rode one of Jnl snow hawks spare rockets all day Sunday as my 450 blew up Saturday

its way more nimble than a sled, bigger and less nimble than a bike. Its a handful in super super tight trees, but you don't need 150 horse for that type of riding, a 40 horse (@ 9000 ft) bike is sufficient for that. Personally I like to rip hard and fast for long sessions and thats why my 450 is toast. It makes your 450 or 500 look and feel like the turd that it is in anything but super duper tight trees. in more open trees its a ripper, and steeps are no problem till u tip it over downhill. When u get it stuck it acts like a sled, that means it does not tractor like a bike with a hand operated clutch can. You can get all the powder sleds don't touch right off the trail, which bikes do too but this you are really ripping! Thick trees are easy as long as they aren't super super super ridiculously tight like some guys like sidehills like a bike and frikin rips when u want. JnL has this thing dialed in as far as handling goes, it rails the trail! the brakes work so good! haul *** and slam the brakes for the hairpin, then launch out of the hole! its like riding a crotch rocket in the twisties! I think even I could hang with burandt on a sled on a snow-rkt! (don't hold me to it but Jnl for sure) its a crossover between a sled and a bike. I did not notice any centrifugal effect, there was no force keeping me from turning whatsoever, although it is a big machine, awesome! I carried a big roller like I was gonna take flight with 800 cc's it feels like turbo and nos at the same time! My bike would have farted and done a little wheelie tail stand thing, this rkt just carried like crazy! we rode 2 up out on his rocket the night my 450 blew and we frikin sent the marshmallow jumps and railed the trail at 50 mph it was so much more comfy than the sled I rode back up on a few days later to tow my bike out! Awesome! And its a hell of a lot quite than a 450 4stroke

this is just my review, I'm not switching or getting rid of my bikes, but for the guys who think bikes are too underpowered and boring this thing is sick!

Last edited:
D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
that is awesome. with some more refinements i think that is exactly where single ski mountain machines need to go. i think a 5-600 twin and cvt would be perfect. have you weighed it?

Premium Features