• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RER Wire connection question

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Picked up 2011 800 Etec. Pull start only. Reverse doesn't work. Traced wires and found this plug that goes from RER button into engine compartment. Can't find where it goes. I know it goes somewhere in there because it is clean and haven't been unplugged for very long. Anyone know specifically?

20161204_125319.jpg

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Not sure about the plug. The only plug loose in my 2010 is the hot plug for accessories.

As I recall my 2010, the RER wires went direct into the main plug in the instrument pod. I found the pins were loose in the main plug. Tightened up the wire seats in the plug and got my reverse back.
After finding that, I went through and re-seated every plug on the sled. Fixed my fuel gauge in that episode.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I have the entire top console off and there is no additional place to plug it into the instrument pod. I know it goes somewhere.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Not sure about the plug. The only plug loose in my 2010 is the hot plug for accessories.

As I recall my 2010, the RER wires went direct into the main plug in the instrument pod. I found the pins were loose in the main plug. Tightened up the wire seats in the plug and got my reverse back.
After finding that, I went through and re-seated every plug on the sled. Fixed my fuel gauge in that episode.

On older sleds the RER wires go into the plugs on the handle bars first. This 2011 is different.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
So figured it out. Apparently the previous owner plugged the auxiliary plug for temp sensor and compass (used on X models) into the female plug I was looking for. Surprised that did not cause issues or trouble codes. Anyways, I know the wiring in these sleds inside and out now.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Also, called 3 dealers I work with and none of them didn't know the answer and were going to get back to me. Not one did.

Premium Features