• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo XP 800R Ptek Check Engine Light with 3Beeps

N
Sep 28, 2016
Skidoo XP 800R Ptek Check Engine Light

I tried searching google and on here but couldn't find any concrete advise.

Have a 2011 XP 800r Ptek 154

Has 140 psi compression per hole, reverse works, starts up on 2 pulls cold and revs out normally without Bog or hesitations.

Only problem is that the check engine light is on and sometimes the check engine light flashes 3 times.

My speedo gauge only has a "S" button on it and the small digital portion in the middle bottom.

Is there a way to pull the specific code up on the digital dash with this type of speedo gauge?

The sled runs great so whatever is wrong cant be a huge deal I assume.

Buddy I bought it from said he had the dealer check out the sled and checked the code. He said that the dealer said the code indicated that it needs new solenoid for the rave valves. But he didnt recall the code anymore. He said he didnt want to mess with it and sold sled cheap to me......... thats the back story I have on it.

Last edited:

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Three beeps is overheat

Coolant reads hot - automatic shut down near.
"Has 140 psi compression per hole"
140 is good at 5000 ft. May be a little low at sea level.

Last edited:
N
Sep 28, 2016
But it beeps 3times and engine light flashes 3times also then just stays on when its dead cold so it cant be reading hot right?? Its dead cold.

Warm coolant is also circulating normally through all heat exchangers so the waterpump is working normally also.

Last edited:
F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
take the rave caps off.

With the motor off the valves will be in the "center" position meaning you should be able to push them in some, and pull them out some.

When you start the motor the valves should suck in.

If they do not, you probably have a bad solenoid. Now, when the motor is warm, rev the motor past 6500 RPM, the valves should now push all the way out. Again, if they do not, you probably have a bad solenoid. One pulls, the other pushes.

And you will probably need to have the dealer clear the codes once fixed.

Don't remember which. unplug one, then the other to isolate.

Premium Features