• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1428 fault code on 2012 etec

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
So I have a check engine light. I pulled the code and it is 1428.
I have started to take the sled apart to get to the sensor leaving the pipe and going to the module sitting on top of the oil tank. Top light hood and all plastic out.

-Can't get to the sensor still. anyone have a trick how to access it?
do I have to remove the oil tank from the chain case side?
do I have to remove the gas tank?
do I have to remove the air box?

Anyone have a trick or know how to get there?
thanks

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
would the error code go away once the sensor replaced? is there a way to reset the computer without the dealer if the check engine light stays on or stays in memory?
thanks

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Yes pull the airbox right next to the secondary it slides right out. if you fix the problem the engine light will shut off. I know those sensors are expensive did you end up buying a new one from the dealer ?

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
I did get the sensor out after removing the air box like you were talking about. it looks good at the connection and I cleaned the sensor with brake clean at the pipe without success.

the dealer has a new one for me and it is $300.
definitely not happy about spending that much on a O2 type sensor.
I guess I will have to go and spend it.

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
I did get the sensor out after removing the air box like you were talking about. it looks good at the connection and I cleaned the sensor with brake clean at the pipe without success.

the dealer has a new one for me and it is $300.
definitely not happy about spending that much on a O2 type sensor.
I guess I will have to go and spend it.

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
It's pretty rediculous they go bad very often and it's really only a temp sensor for emissions. I had to do mine on my 13 and haven't replaced it yet on my wife's 11. In the process of trying to bypass it with a resistor.

Premium Features