• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much boost on 110

A

apexjunki

May 3, 2008
Grand Rapids, MN
I need to know how much boost I can run on 110 octane. I have an 07 apex with .060 head shim and a split head gasket.
I run a alpine/mcxpress kit with a gt2871 turbo. Any help would be great thanks.

bigrhett

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, UT
Over on totally yamaha forums there was an octane calculator posted in an excel spreadsheet. Here's the forum link: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=23214

You can input your specific situation (compression ratio, head shim, elevation) and then get a good idea of how much octane you need for how much boost.

Don't ask me for specifics on how to set up the spreadsheet, but it should give you some ideas. :) Low compression pistons make a bigger difference. In my case with 10 to 1 pistons, I says I can run like 29 psi at 8500 feet on 110 octane :eek:

Last edited:
J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Over on totally yamaha forums there was an octane calculator posted in an excel spreadsheet. Here's the forum link: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=23214

You can input your specific situation (compression ratio, head shim, elevation) and then get a good idea of how much octane you need for how much boost.

Don't ask me for specifics on how to set up the spreadsheet, but it should give you some ideas. :) Low compression pistons make a bigger difference. In my case with 10 to 1 pistons, I says I can run like 29 psi at 8500 feet on 110 octane :eek:

thanks for that calculator info. that was cool.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls, Wa
Just keep in mind that it doesn't account for intake temps that will rise as boost goes up. Higher temps = detonation. Try to run a few extra points of octane above what it tells you for a little margin of safety.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Just keep in mind that it doesn't account for intake temps that will rise as boost goes up. Higher temps = detonation. Try to run a few extra points of octane above what it tells you for a little margin of safety.

Keith can you post it here please? thanks

Premium Features