• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about jumping ship

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Thanks for the invite; I dont stray too far during tax season, plus 6 hours is a long ways for a lazy bc boy! Revy is 4 and I've never ridden there lol. One day I'll venture south of the border to check out the riding.

N

NosGTSR

Nov 27, 2007
I personal like the Powerclaw track. I have the 2.6", I wish it was 3.0". I had a Challenger extreme and really didn't like it. I also had a Peak 2.5, it trenches real good. I think tracks are a personal thing, it hard to say ones better than another.

Back to the original topic of this thread. Go ahead switch sleds. Lets us know when you ready to switch underwear brands too.

Sharp, I find it slightly creepy that your wanting to know what brand underwear I have.

Back to the topic. I was just seeing if any of the Viper guys had seat time on both. I ended up keeping the Viper and it will be getting a few mods.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Sharp, I find it slightly creepy that your wanting to know what brand underwear I have.

Back to the topic. I was just seeing if any of the Viper guys had seat time on both. I ended up keeping the Viper and it will be getting a few mods.

LOL. Really could careless what underwear you wear. Why would you want to ask a bunch of biased people what sled to ride. I think you should sale it. I frankly like to be the only one with a Yamaha out riding.

N

NosGTSR

Nov 27, 2007
LOL. Really could careless what underwear you wear. Why would you want to ask a bunch of biased people what sled to ride. I think you should sale it. I frankly like to be the only one with a Yamaha out riding.

My decision to keep it was made almost a month ago. I guess if you think I should sale it, do you want to buy it? If not thanks for your opinion.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I did it last year--put up a bunch of bikes and the sled for sale and the sled sold first -- now what??? needed a sled. The Miss had just jumped ship and bought a 600 summit rode it a few times and was somewhat intrigued. Looked at the Viper MTX and it was 2 grand more than the deal I got at Doo for a Summit 800 .And the viper I would not think of without a turbo + some light weight mods. So saved about 5-6 grand right there.
Rode the Doo all season ( what was left about 1500 miles) 0 issues same belt just pull and go. It is a ton of fun riding with all the other 800s they are so close it is all rider not wallet. Still getting used to adding oil, but telling myself that there is no oil change at the end of the season anymore
I did break down and ordered a set of elka shocks and a diamond S quite can.
So used to modding stuff it is hard to beat the habit although totally unnecessary
in this case. It still hurts a bit at times :face-icon-small-sad but every time I get to ride I forget a bit more -- it works that well stock. Rode Yamaha for 18 years and have a great dealer as well. Dirt bikes are still blue though:face-icon-small-hap

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
this is an old thread.

I've jumped ship from Ski-doo to Polaris, now to Yamaha in the last 3 years.. You don't know what you got until its gone, and honestly I'm glad the rest of them are gone!

There is no reason to be brand loyal other than having a good dealer in my eyes.. Try them all, they are all trying to be the best and they are always changing. :face-icon-small-hap

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I have rode my RX1 turbo for 11 years, and decided to buy the xm when they came out. Loved the doo for everything except the power. I contemplated big bores and turbos. Big bore comparisons never convinced me and turbos that I had been around were not reliable, didnt run right and blew the f@ck up.I even raced pump gas turbos and beat them with my stock xm. I tried a couple of vipers and the handling was the best of any 4 stroke I have rode hands down. I may be missing something here, but until the 2 stroke turbos quality comes around , Im back to 4 strokes.

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
With the roll over kit can you roll the sled over to get it until stuck like and 800? I'm thinking about a viper on a 15 doo right now. I hope the new sled for 17 is a mtn sled version also! My first sled was a mtn max and ever sense I've had blue running in my veins

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
With the roll over kit can you roll the sled over to get it until stuck like and 800? I'm thinking about a viper on a 15 doo right now. I hope the new sled for 17 is a mtn sled version also! My first sled was a mtn max and ever sense I've had blue running in my veins

Yes you can:thumb: There days when I use it for getting unstuck more often then I should!:face-icon-small-win

Bill

Premium Features