• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any mtx vipers showing up yet

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Not even a generic pm to let me know my post was deleted. This site is getting ran more and more like the government.

And Mr. Johnson, if that is your real name, all 3 Vipers we ordered all were snow checks, and all are getting turbos. So, hopefully they show up so I can take some time off of school to supervise you working on your new sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But if you do burn outs on pavement, advertise your "mods" and tell everyone about the half dozen sleds you've owned that you couldn't make run and were all less superior than your current junk your fine.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Your post was deleted because it was inflammatory.

If you have a viper and know what works, please post up your own mod thread for us to critique instead of bringing down another thread with your personal bias.

fyi - multiple posts were removed, not just yours.

Any more questions?

Last edited:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Your post was deleted because it was inflammatory.

If you have a viper and know what works, please post up your own mod thread for us to critique instead of bringing down another thread with your personal bias.

fyi - multiple posts were removed, not just yours.

Any more questions?

Didnt know it was a requirement to know "what works on a Viper" , (to my knowlege the mountain version hasnt been built yet) to be able to post in this section. I think most of these guys includeing myself are trying to point out that its probaly not the best idea to take a sled and run it down a paved road, to try and prove the worth of socalled mods........

Last edited:

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Didnt know it was a requirement to know "what works on a Viper" , (to my knowlege the mountain version hasnt been built yet) to be able to post in this section. I think most of these guys includeing myself are trying to point out that its probaly not the best idea to take a sled and run it down a paved road, to try and prove the worth of socalled mods........
That point has been made again and again and again. We've got it. It's time to move on. I never said you can't post in here, just do it in a manner that adds to the conversation at hand.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher......... I caught that "bull crap" comment....
Ya, and you caught the fact that I removed it 8 SECONDS after I posted it when I saw a soft delete notice that yet another stupid jab had been removed by one of the forum moderators who caught it before I did and got rid of it.

So your point is what?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
"Originally Posted by cacsrx1
Didnt know it was a requirement to know "what works on a Viper" , (to my knowlege the mountain version hasnt been built yet) to be able to post in this section. I think most of these guys includeing myself are trying to point out that its probaly not the best idea to take a sled and run it down a paved road, to try and prove the worth of socalled mods........"

PLEASE don't post this TWITs(Technical Wizard In Training) comments I have him on IGNORE. Anyone stupid enough to post like he does probably never saw a dyno....how much snow do they use on a Dyno? As I have you on ignore I won't see your response but a straw man argument will come from you.

The fastest proven naturally aspirated Viper in the world runs my clutch mod and my air box mod. In fact he has MY air box. It runs 11.2 at 109mph in the 1/4 mile....but yeah somebody like you can claim the mods do not work without even seeing them. Or claim taking a full second off a stock Viper in the 1/4 mile an asphalt won't help on snow....LOL!

Over on TY a troublemaker that had somebody post with him was removed,,,,and his friend mysteriously disappeared also. I wonder where they went? lol

Last edited:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
"Originally Posted by cacsrx1
Didnt know it was a requirement to know "what works on a Viper" , (to my knowlege the mountain version hasnt been built yet) to be able to post in this section. I think most of these guys includeing myself are trying to point out that its probaly not the best idea to take a sled and run it down a paved road, to try and prove the worth of socalled mods........"

PLEASE don't post this TWITs(Technical Wizard In Training) comments I have him on IGNORE. Anyone stupid enough to post like he does probably never saw a dyno....how much snow do they use on a Dyno? As I have you on ignore I won't see your response but a straw man argument will come from you.

The fastest proven naturally aspirated Viper in the world runs my clutch mod and my air box mod. In fact he has MY air box. It runs 11.2 at 109mph in the 1/4 mile....but yeah somebody like you can claim the mods do not work without even seeing them. Or claim taking a full second off a stock Viper in the 1/4 mile an asphalt won't help on snow....LOL!

Over on TY a troublemaker that had somebody post with him was removed,,,,and his friend mysteriously disappeared also. I wonder where they went? lol

Im sure this will get deleted, but atleast get the story right, I have been a member on TY since 2004 and have never had ANY infractions......so you are INCORRECT AGAIN. Its funny...YOU were the one that the admins over there were going to "throw out on his ear" for acting the same way you do here. Short memory I guess. Its in the Dog Pile if you forgot.

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Again I am sure with the announcement of the recall of the 2014. Models for fire hazard will prevent any MTXs from showing up anytime soon. Once they have fixed the isuue and taken care of most of the 2014 models they will start sending out. This years models Yamaha the corporation will surely limit their liability on that issue like any good corporation would prior to letting any more models leave the factory floor. By announcing their is a problem publicly will no doubt bring on false claims as well as legit ones. They will make sure they are on firm ground before they will start their production. They may have even told dealers luck enough the receive the first sleds to either send back or fix the issue prior to letting customers know their sleds are in just my opinion

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think you can shut all these people up on the benefits of your clutch mod if you show the parallels between getting an asphalt track to hook up on pavement and how a 3 in CE paddle track hooks up in deep bottomless powder. Dyno's numbers mean nothing to guys running in the mountains because they are a poor indication how something will perform outside a closed climate controlled room. The Mountain environment is dynamic in nature. And tuning something in a controlled environment And expecting it to run just as good everywhere else is weak at best but like everyone else in here that is my opinion. And in my area I can take that opinion and add $6 and get a cup of great coffee

Last edited:

jpokryfki

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2010
So to get this back on track!! I just talked to my dealer today here in Alaska and he said that they just started assembling the MTX sleds here recently and that we should get our sleds in the first couple weeks of October, or at least in that time-frame.

jpokryfki

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2010
I live in Kenai but ordered mine from anchorage. My dealer said that the sleds going to Alaska and Canada usually get shipped out first.

Premium Features