• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Yamaha Vipers NOW DELIVERING

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Just got pumpkin home I'm going to take off 34# add a big bore and ride the crap out her.....Nice thing about the 800 Suzuki is there strong , reliable and adapt really well to BB kits.

DPG

As I already owned a 2014 M8 Ltd I considered doing just that, as going to a Viper I was going to lose big bucks. But no matter what you do to a Zuk its still a 2 stroke and not capable of that awesome 4 stroke torque of a boosted Yamaha.

To each his own though, enjoy your Cat I did mine...but it just wasn't a Viper.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The great thing about this sport is that there is room enough for all of us to take out the sled of our choice and all still have a blast on the mountain.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The great thing about this sport is that there is room enough for all of us to take out the sled of our choice and all still have a blast on the mountain.

Agreed, I was fortunate enough to be able to ride the M8 and the MTX converted Viper in all kinds of snow at the same time. And after it was all said and done I took a loss on the M8 and bought another Viper for me. Of course mine won't be stock but the mods is half the fun right? Once I get the 3 inch lug track and turbo on I expect to take a back seat to nothing. :)

As you said Chris we all like something different and the Viper is for me.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Unless you ride deep powder all the time I think a 3 inch is overkill. The other aspect is that the 3 inch was throwing lugs in harder snow.

That is what I heard also, but we ride above 10k in sometimes bottomless powder. Rare to ride on any hard stuff, so I bought a 162 X3 for $985.00 delivered to my door. We usually get to ride late November so I should have my impressions then.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I rode with several 3" tracks last year and I didn't notice any difference in the deep snow.

DPG

Yet everyone I spoke to online or phone says it made a huge difference. In the case of Polaris Pro too big a difference causing so much traction they have issues sidehilling. Do I believe them or you? Or are you trolling to get a response, if so you got me again.

Had to go find this link, 3 pages of info find one post that agrees with you please.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354633

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yet everyone I spoke to online or phone says it made a huge difference. In the case of Polaris Pro too big a difference causing so much traction they have issues sidehilling. Do I believe them or you? Or are you trolling to get a response, if so you got me again.

Had to go find this link, 3 pages of info find one post that agrees with you please.

it makes a bigger difference on the pro from the flimsy 2.4.

the 2.6 claw is a really good track so you will notice a lot less going to the 3". IMO its still a worthwhile mod, but again, the poo has a lesser track from the factory, so the jump makes it more obvious.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I rode with several 3" tracks last year and I didn't notice any difference in the deep snow.

DPG

My buddy had a 2.5" Camo Extreme 163 on his XP Etec turbo, last year he switched it out to the 3.0" CE 162. I would have to say it made a HUGE difference. It chugs well with slow track speed without needing a ton of throttle and boost and track speed! He never had any problems with his...

It sounds like Camo had some bonding issue's the very first year, delam and chucking lugs at high speed (70+). The other issue i heard was hard pack trails with little cooling, the added heat and extra leverage on the lugs over whooped out trails was adding to the problem.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The 3" track is a 1 dementional track. In deep snow once your sled is on plan and the track has ballooned the additional 1/2 inch lug becomes a non factor in my personal experience.

Your track are like skis in some way you want both to do everything well.

DPG

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The 3" track is a 1 dementional track. In deep snow once your sled is on plan and the track has ballooned the additional 1/2 inch lug becomes a non factor in my personal experience.

Your track are like skis in some way you want both to do everything well.

DPG

Track balooning around the trees and in 3 foot of powder snow??? Huh? We obviously ride in different places but I plan to use it in powder snow.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Track balooning around the trees and in 3 foot of powder snow??? Huh? We obviously ride in different places but I plan to use it in powder snow.

You should learn how to ride your sled above 3500 rpm, FYI your sled begins to balloon at 4000rpm +/-...There's plenty of deep deep powder tree riding (obviously not where you ride) that a lot of us guys like to ride at 5500 to 8000rpm.

DPG

Premium Features