• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yammie dudes lovin arctic cats

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
It is cat parts. A jaguar is just a ford pos, but there is enough different to make it a good car...

I've been on the m's, the new viper, I am undeniably a poo guy, and you are correct it is a cat. Cat even sells a version. But it's a cat with better weight distribution, better powerband, better ergos, better cooling system, better turbo system, more reliable motor, better power transfer, another year of refinements and suspension calibration, and in my case, MUCH better dealer.

I don't see any reason to not be excited. Haha I was excited for a 14 lbs weight loss on the pro in '13 and this Is a much bigger difference than the previous four stroke offerings.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
roughrider99 said:
Whatever makes you sleep at night, cuz it made your 1100t with big turbo look like garbage buddy

nah I don't think so ergo are the same. with a lot less torque. my sled has very heavy steering but that's due to the skis . You can call it a yammie but its not . its a blue cat .

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Call it a Cat if you want but the blue one has a reliable drivetrain... I wonder how embarrassed the Cat engineers were when Yamaha came in and laughed at them?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
plus you had a apex the heaviest sled ever to hit the hills

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Yet it rated higher than your Cat, how pathetic is that/you?

https://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=2329

This guy is just a troll, why else would a guy with the heaviest mountain sled ever built come in here talking trash? He KNOWS the mountain Viper can run rings around him in the hills and he is pissed.

O
Dec 6, 2007
The brand loyalty is nothing short of comical. The Yammi guys doing the snow dance because they have an option now that is only 100 lbs overweight. The only way it got there was by using a Cat chassis. I say, who cares? If it works, it works. I do not doubt for a second that Yammi improved on the Cat. Problem is, the Cat needs improvement and Yammi didn't get around to addressing the weight yet so it is stiil out of its league, especially considering the pricing.

I rode a Cat before my Poo and a Poo before that Cat. I try to ride what I feel works best at the time I have the $$ to make a purchase. I keep coming back to the fact that I can fix what is wrong with the Poo (engine) for a LOT less than I can fix what is wrong with the YammiCat (weight and handling).

It would be great if some manufacturer could deliver all of it in one package, like a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison trans... Nope, can't run out and buy that either so you pick your poison and hoepfully the stregnths shine for your use. That is how I feel about the Polaris Pro, certainly not the be all end all but the best for the riding I want to do.

I still can't quite get over all the hubub surrounding the YammiCat. Slow heavy and expensive in a chassis with marginal handling compared to class leaders all at a premium price. I am glad you Yammi guys are excited, I just can't figure out why....

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
The brand loyalty is nothing short of comical. The Yammi guys doing the snow dance because they have an option now that is only 100 lbs overweight. The only way it got there was by using a Cat chassis. I say, who cares? If it works, it works. I do not doubt for a second that Yammi improved on the Cat. Problem is, the Cat needs improvement and Yammi didn't get around to addressing the weight yet so it is stiil out of its league, especially considering the pricing.

I rode a Cat before my Poo and a Poo before that Cat. I try to ride what I feel works best at the time I have the $$ to make a purchase. I keep coming back to the fact that I can fix what is wrong with the Poo (engine) for a LOT less than I can fix what is wrong with the YammiCat (weight and handling).

It would be great if some manufacturer could deliver all of it in one package, like a Ford with a Cummins and an Allison trans... Nope, can't run out and buy that either so you pick your poison and hoepfully the stregnths shine for your use. That is how I feel about the Polaris Pro, certainly not the be all end all but the best for the riding I want to do.

I still can't quite get over all the hubub surrounding the YammiCat. Slow heavy and expensive in a chassis with marginal handling compared to class leaders all at a premium price. I am glad you Yammi guys are excited, I just can't figure out why....

And until you ride one you will never know. But you really didn't want to know did you? Polaris is in trouble and my proof is all the Poo guys bashing the Yamaha, they didn't take this troule with the Nytro because it was known it was a heavy turd.

But its ok, you are welcome to buy one and join us. Us Yammie guys are a hardy lot....we have to be to toss around a man sized machine for years.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Never a dull moment around here.

picture.php

O
Dec 6, 2007
Polaris is in trouble? That's some funny chit. You do realize the PRO is the best selling snowmobile in the world right now and has been for a years.

Yammi powder sleds are non competitors. Putting a Yammi motor in a bad handling is hardly enough to make any waves in the market. You guys can keep dreaming though.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

the only joke around here is you,making post in every viper thread trying for some reason to justify to other why they shouldnt try one.you have more posts in these viper threads than the yammi guys,i dont care what you ride,try them all & ride what fits you best.but jumping on every viper thread & acting like a 3 year old whose friend just got a better toy than him is a joke.:deadhorse:

O
Dec 6, 2007
the only joke around here is you,making post in every viper thread trying for some reason to justify to other why they shouldnt try one.you have more posts in these viper threads than the yammi guys,i dont care what you ride,try them all & ride what fits you best.but jumping on every viper thread & acting like a 3 year old whose friend just got a better toy than him is a joke.:deadhorse:

But I do have a better toy.... Just trying to save you guys the embarrassment once those tanks hit the hill. Seems like a waste of time as blind as some of you are to the facts but, somebody needs to be performing this public service. I apologize that it has gotten your undies all in a twist. I wonder if that is because there is so much painful truth in my posts? Too much for you to handle... I understand.

TheYamMan

Lifetime Membership
May 11, 2008
Labrador City, NL
But I do have a better toy.... Just trying to save you guys the embarrassment once those tanks hit the hill. Seems like a waste of time as blind as some of you are to the facts but, somebody needs to be performing this public service. I apologize that it has gotten your undies all in a twist. I wonder if that is because there is so much painful truth in my posts? Too much for you to handle... I understand.

Cool Story Bro tell me again.....

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Polaris is in trouble? That's some funny chit. You do realize the PRO is the best selling snowmobile in the world right now and has been for a years.

Yammi powder sleds are non competitors. Putting a Yammi motor in a bad handling is hardly enough to make any waves in the market. You guys can keep dreaming though.

How many Vipers or Cats have you ridden to relay this expert opinion.

Premium Features