• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper MTX Sno-check prices

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Don't over look the standard MTX that’s black. I know it only comes in a 153 but for the price and the way that sled with the coil shock gets around in the trees its got my vote. The LE with those Evol shocks is probably the best handling mountain sled down the trail I've ever been on. What’s the best price on the standard 153? That would leave some extra $$ for upgrades.<O:p</O:p

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Don't over look the standard MTX that’s black. I know it only comes in a 153 but for the price and the way that sled with the coil shock gets around in the trees its got my vote. The LE with those Evol shocks is probably the best handling mountain sled down the trail I've ever been on. What’s the best price on the standard 153? That would leave some extra $$ for upgrades.<O:p</O:p

I can find out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
thanks for the reply matt i agree focus on the product first then the website. just curious how much more this sled will cost in the fall when i decide i want it after not snow checking haha.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I know everyone is shoping around for the best possible price on the new sleds, and so am I !!

This is what I have come up with so far.

2015 SR Viper M-TX 162 SE $11,980
2015-SR-Viper-MTX-153-SE.gif

2015 SR Viper M-TX 162 LE $12,120

2015-SR-Viper-MTX-162-LE-Orange-3_4.jpg

Add Turbo +$2,000
Working on an installation deal...

I hope to have mine ordered by the end of the day!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap
And yes, I am going for the Boise State team colors!!!

I ordered the red/white 162 w/ turbo for a very similar price, taxes, setup, and fees included. I'll be doing the install myself since it is fairly simple.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

O
Dec 6, 2007
2015 Viper MTX 162" track with MPI turbo installed and clutched with 5 year warranty $14,800 out the door.

2015 Pro terrain domination 163" track clutched with 3 year warranty $13,850 out the door.

For about $1,000 you get 2 more years of warranty and 180 HP at elevation vs 145 HP at sea level. Don't seem like they are priced too far outta the game to me!! And I don't wanna hear this crap like "well you still ridding an over weight pig" or "I'll take the light weight "flickable" over HP any day" argument just because somebody wants to try the new Yamaha. This "Flickable" thing Polaris keeps rambling on about is the most over ratted thing I have ever heard!! And I am a Polaris rider!! Even if you say the Pro 163" dry weight is 425ish lbs and put out 145ish HP that's roughly 3 HP per pound of sled. Take the viper 162" and lets call it 600ish lbs dry weight, nobody seems to have an exact number, and give it 180HP that's roughly 3.3 HP per lb of weight. And these are numbers that we assume the Polaris will have at sea level. Guess what happens when we get to the high country!! Bottom line don't be hatting on guys because they like or want something different then you. This is like an argument over whose wife or girl friend is better looking!! Sorry for rambling and getting off track but I am just tired of reading this OuraySledder dude having nothing good to say about anything but Polaris!! Open your damn eyes man!!

Most guys are getting '15 sno check Pro 163s for under $12k otd (no tax). So it is a $3000 price gap to turbo up the Viper. Looks like the pricing Christopher found puts the NA Viper against the Pro.

To be fair, before you wnet on your rant there were NO prices posted here. I was simply curious since I have been looking at everybodys snocheck deals (except Cat).

I am ready to try one, I have only said that a dozen times over here. You guys like to omit that though, I understand. That is a pretty good deal for a turbo sled. I can't wait to see how they work.

Nice try again on the hp/lb thing. You have zero hp when the extra 100 lbs of sled is stuck. You still have to manipulate that extra weight when riding too, there is no cure for physics I am afraid. Maybe I will be totally wrong.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Most guys are getting '15 sno check Pro 163s for under $12k otd (no tax). So it is a $3000 price gap to turbo up the Viper. Looks like the pricing Christopher found puts the NA Viper against the Pro.

To be fair, before you wnet on your rant there were NO prices posted here. I was simply curious since I have been looking at everybodys snocheck deals (except Cat).

I am ready to try one, I have only said that a dozen times over here. You guys like to omit that though, I understand. That is a pretty good deal for a turbo sled. I can't wait to see how they work.

Nice try again on the hp/lb thing. You have zero hp when the extra 100 lbs of sled is stuck. You still have to manipulate that extra weight when riding too, there is no cure for physics I am afraid. Maybe I will be totally wrong.

you hit the nail on the head. you gotta be in bed with fredw the way you go off about yamaha's. Never seen anybody whine about a Yamaha the way he does. it's comical how bent out of shape you are on this. I say mods gotta do a cross check and see if ol freddy has another alter on here.

O
Dec 6, 2007
I think all you Yammi guys should book on as Dr.Phil guests so you can talk about the denial that exists in your forum and in your minds. Living with a 100 lb penalty is just not necessary.

T
Feb 28, 2008
All I hear from this clown is bla bla bla.....your mamma is so fat!! Well she may be but at least she cooks and cleans unlike your skinny cracked out momma that is bouncing off the walls for days and then all layed up dead on the couch till you can come up with another grand for some more crack! I want a fat momma that will just keep on cooking n a cleaning!

And trust me I dont have a fat momma yet I have a cracked out skinny one!! I just tired of the $1000 crack addiction to keep her bouncing of the walls!!!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I think all you Yammi guys should book on as Dr.Phil guests so you can talk about the denial that exists in your forum and in your minds. Living with a 100 lb penalty is just not necessary.

this has nothing to do with denial,its all about some:der:flapping about something he knows nothing about.half the guys bashing you arnt yammi guys there just tired of reading your bull$hit.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Huh...

Funny how something that started so good turns so quickly into a waste of time.... Frankly, I have ridden every brand and owned every brand at one time or other. Kinda like trucks and cars, it is personal preference and they all have their strong and weak points. I run Yamaha and Polaris presently and love them both. My Yamaha is now set up to the point it is not far off my Pro for average tree riding. The Pro does shine for real steep and tight tree's though but won't ever touch my Yamaha on the wide open extremely steep hills.

As far as fixing goes... I have spent at least double the new price of my new Pro to build a Yamaha that works like this one does. The pro cost me approx $400 to have spare belts of which I have not used either one. I had the driveshaft fix done and have had no problems. The glued front end is one thing I would consider updating if I was to keep the machine another year but since I snowchecked a new one, I plan to sell this one and have warrantee once again. I have had not one hitch with the engine... it has run flawlessly since I purchased the sled. I did have a bearing on the driveshaft that clicked and was changed in the first 200 k and the jackshaft also has a bearing replacement issue. The only other issue with the sled was the headlight dimmer switch was not functioning properly. Not one of these problems had anything to do with the HOT Topics here on Snowest that the other brand guys keep posting about.

I remember Doo having engine issues and a year of dirveshaft issues. Cat has had their belt issues which were huge for a while. Yamaha has always built a bomb proof factory ride but they seem to all need to go on a diet. For the turbo rider the 4 strokers are very reliable power even though they have the weight behind them.

Lets get back to the topic. I was actually enjoying the read for a short while!!!

Cheers!!!

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
I was just starting the same thought, we only got a few Yami dealers in state and they don't deal. Maybe an out of state deal. Federal Way Yamaha crapped out, and it was 6 miles away. Chit they don't even ride or let you ride a test sled anywhere near here. I used to get all my parts for bikes and sleds in the same place. My only bitch about Yamaha is no test ride in WA, :face-icon-small-coobut I guess I'll be sitting on it April 2!

@sidehil.... You are 100% correct on the fact there isn't a Yamaha dealer worth a SH*T in Wa. State!! We've got Baker shootout every year & Yamaha is NEVER there.... I guess they don't want to sell sleds in this state. For people like me that CAN'T (Canada says people like me aren't allowed) go to the great white north for Yamafest I'd recommend a trip to Enterprise Or. to see Outlaw Motorsports. I'd say their one of the top 3 dealerships in the USA/Canada! If I was going with a boosted Viper they would be the ONLY place I'd go.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
@sidehil.... You are 100% correct on the fact there isn't a Yamaha dealer worth a SH*T in Wa. State!! We've got Baker shootout every year & Yamaha is NEVER there.... I guess they don't want to sell sleds in this state. For people like me that CAN'T (Canada says people like me aren't allowed) go to the great white north for Yamafest I'd recommend a trip to Enterprise Or. to see Outlaw Motorsports. I'd say their one of the top 3 dealerships in the USA/Canada! If I was going with a boosted Viper they would be the ONLY place I'd go.
Christopher, what did you come up with for a standard 153 price? I'm curious how that would handle differently from the 162.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
What did you get quoted for a price in Anchorage/Wassilla. I have not heard back from my dealer here yet. Thanks Fred
I didn't ask. I like to wait till at least a few months into the season on a new seld. Also I decided that regardless I am keeping my pro as a extra sled so the funding will be till then at least.

Honestly it doesn't matter a whole lot either. I'd like to not get ripped off, and am certain I won't, but I won't by a Yami from anyone other than drew. I've never had a yamaha anything and those guys have helped me out and hooked me up nemerus times

R
Feb 22, 2008
2015 black 153" mtx

Moon motors in MN $13200 WITH turbo, before tax. Also $200. credit for install. This was for the black 153 mtx The 200.0 credit was from Yamaha.

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
Factory boost without a psi gauge?

I am in Colorado and got a quote of $14,000 OTD including tax for a MTX 153 boosted. Sounds like a good deal but they said the install didn't include a psi gauge? Has any one on here had Vickery install a turbo? If so was it a quality install or should I look elsewhere. Thanks for the info!

Premium Features