• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'Berg baby!

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Is it just me or do those forks look raked out as hell? Seems to be a much shallower rake than my KX.

Also, nice job with the shovel/snow deflector. Does it actually help keep the snow from flying up?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
It's no shock

The out pour of CHANGE from the snow biker junkie's wallet!

The same fate of the Twoski trying to keep up with the magazine scripture shall show upon the single riders debt to income ratio.:tsk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9xrJhLLyU 00:20:face-icon-small-sho

http://snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=3688 :amen:

Your CR showed up in so many ways, reading you I figured it would be an 07' 650 or a left over 570, hope the blue holds tight to that Orange primer, pretty though!

Last edited:
C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Is it just me or do those forks look raked out as hell? Seems to be a much shallower rake than my KX.

Also, nice job with the shovel/snow deflector. Does it actually help keep the snow from flying up?

The bike is sitting a little "uphill" in the photo. No, just a convenient way to mount the shovel

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
The out pour of CHANGE from the snow biker junkie's wallet!

The same fate of the Twoski trying to keep up with the magazine scripture shall show upon the single riders debt to income ratio.:tsk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9xrJhLLyU 00:20:face-icon-small-sho

http://snowest.com/snowmobile-news/display.cfm?ID=3688 :amen:

Your CR showed up in so many ways, reading you I figured it would be an 07' 650 or a left over 570, hope the blue holds tight to that Orange primer, pretty though!

Still have the CR520/LT for the big snow days, but wanted a new bike/electric start/headlight/hand warmer/quiet/reliable kinda bike for light days. Although it is a re-badged KTM for sure, it does have some advantages. New fork which is really nice, comes with a skid plate, a little bigger gas tank, plastic subframe, nicer airbox design and a few other details changes. And it looks better and different than all my buddies orange bikes. No kick starter though, but available as an option. So far it starts in amazingly easy.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Curious to know differences between your 500 and new Berg ? Weight, handling etc. Do u still have the Kx ? Is the Berg more powerful than your KX ? Nice bike !

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Wheels turning up there?

My KX is faster under the right rider, his Honda CR500R is sweet and stars in those YouTube videos with all those shiny new starlets.

:juggle: http://www.youtube.com/user/carbondaddy

Last edited:
C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Curious to know differences between your 500 and new Berg ? Weight, handling etc. Do u still have the Kx ? Is the Berg more powerful than your KX ? Nice bike !

Differences - The Cr is faster in the bush and in the deep, it's finicky, shakes like a paint shaker on steroids (I'm constantly tightening and replacing fasteners, you sit in it not on it, it has a nice cushy seat, is cheaper, requires more maintenance, but when it's running well, it's a weapon.
The Husaberg is faster on trails/roads, easy on gas, quiet, more expensive, smooth, handles a little easier, has a seat made by their woodworking division, you sit on it, and needs little maintenance (it's new) and is going to be nice for single track/enduro. Electric start, headlight/tailight and fuel injection all make it so easy to live with and the 6 speed is a dream on a fast trail.
The KX450 is much the same as the Husaberg without e-start, lights and the 6 speed. I think they're similar power-wise, but you need to rev the KX more. They handle and feel very much alike.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Almost ready to race.

The Husaberg is faster on trails/roads, easy on gas, quiet, more expensive, smooth, handles a little easier, has a seat made by their woodworking division, you sit on it, and needs little maintenance (it's new) and is going to be nice for single track/enduro. Electric start, headlight/tailight and fuel injection all make it so easy to live with and the 6 speed is a dream on a fast trail.

What a letdown, at least the part number for the saddle hasn't superseded!

I remember David Rhode's 90' 501, same as Lance Smails factory ride, It kicked my younger 20something back side but I hung on all day at Walker Valley. Ran it out of gas twice and roosted everyone in the mud pit, then I stalled it, looked to the right and the lever had moved with out leaving a forward address. One f'n fast Husky engineered motorcycle!:face-icon-small-con

Your doing yourself a disservice if you haven't ridden a 02'-08'.
Then taste a old VOR503.

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
"A letdown" WTF? You talking jibberish again? I've been riding bikes for 40 years and this has got to be one of the nicest bikes I've ever been on. Don't knock it til you try it.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Surely an unrelated youtube video clip is in order now..

I've got the KTM version of that bike. It's been really good for me, and I'm more than happy with it after a season and a half.

Jon

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Austrians

Just laugh them off,

I realize your description is based on the MH experience and you will think differently once rolling next spring. It's just that you read like as if describing an upscale Mercedes chassis diesel B class RV and only left out parks nice.

Disappointing the last engine design came and went so soon, a 570 flat out gunned a 530, most owner reviews were way positive. Since they were re badging and fine tuning 300's I expected a transition to their own like the car company's first SUV, Honda/Acura/Isuzu, Saab/Chev. Why draw from KTM's mid eighties Honda like paint colors and weight the overloaded barge when they had a name that had fought it's way to a reliable reputation? A two stroke design similar to the 390-570's and DI as on Ossa's new machines could recreate the 6,000 early 90's to 100K+ today KTM units produced.

I change my mind, Husaberg was a cool motocycle when they were, now they're a Fiero 305ci, with a body conversion kit Ferrari had nothing to do with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9FM6KqCu4

Premium Features