• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest magazine: Yamaha 2017: Everything You Need to Know About the Sidewinder M-TX

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
All of the above to include naturally aspirated as well.

I did not read of any natural aspirated engines blowing. I heard rumors, but I suspect that's all it was..

Some engines came with bad rods, others did not. There was definitely more than one failure. Or at least that's how it seemed by reading Totallyamaha. I don't think Yamaha would have changed the literature associated with the 180 MPI Kit on their website to read along the lines of "not to be used on 2016 models" if there weren't any issues..

Either way, this is way off topic. Yamaha helped everyone as far as I know.. Either way, they are still heavy sleds that require a lot of work to maneuver. The new sidewinder is a beautiful sled with good power.. but that's where it ends for me.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I am 160 lbs weight and find the Viper AFTER my mods as easy in the deep powder as any of my friends newer Poo and Doo. After the hygear shock mods and the 2016 front ends those same riders have a new appreciation for Yamaha.

Heavy is a relative term, my brother still tosses around an RX1 and I just shake my head. For me I want to enjoy the ride and not be wore out and the Viper is perfect for me, the Polaris Pro rode like an old sled to me very rough and all our group including the owner agreed after riding my Viper. But it is all a relative term, if you LIKE the sled it is lighter...lol...if you don't like the sled sell it as it will always be a heavy beast to you.

After an afternoon of riding the Poo and Doo are no lighter than my Viper due to snow and ice weight.

Once again my opinion, but I ditched my boosted Nytro for a 2014 M8 before I finally settled on a Viper as I just couldn't take the heavy tank feeling of a Nytro anymore.

Premium Features