• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fire n Ice Lite Weight Viper MTX Hood

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Check out http://www.firenice.us/product-category/yamaha/viper for the lite-weight hood and carbon fiber vents. This hood is around 9-10lbs lighter than the stock hood. This is almost a plug-n-play set-up. Take your hood off, install this hood. Some re-wiring for the ignition switch is required, instructions are provided to do this.

Please note: The OEM pieces are ordered when a lite-weight hood is ordered. Once the required pieces are on hand, it'll take about 5 days to assemble the hood and get it shipped out. Currently have black, blue, and red pieces on hand.

If you have any questions, call or email Paul at Fire n Ice:
208-523-1311
info@firenice.us

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Had this hood on my Viper earlier this week.
Will have a brand new BLUE one ready to install soon.

When it arrives I will do a full Installation and Review of the new hood.

it was DAMN SEXY!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A major portion of the weight savings is coming from the headlight delete.
Many want NO light at all.
I will be converting to LED something like this.

2012sd2drop2.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
A major portion of the weight savings is coming from the headlight delete.
Many want NO light at all.
I will be converting to LED something like this.

2012sd2drop2.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

I will do the same (hood is on the way right now), or an Frankensled light on the helmet, not 100% sure yet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I will do the same (hood is on the way right now), or an Frankensled light on the helmet, not 100% sure yet.
The Frankensled option is the ULTIMATE in lightweight, but its also going to be the lowest light output.

I don't ride at night very often, but I am not sure I would want to try and ride out of the mountains after spending hours getting unstuck into the evening with just a flashlight??

I think I will likely go this route.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Penetrator-LED-600-series-Dirt-Bike-Headlight-kit_p_14.html

penetratoredited.jpg

penetator-600-sale.jpg

Though I WOULD like to try one of these helmet mounted lights just to see what its like to be able to SEE whats around you as you are riding at night when you turn your head.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Machine-Powered-Solstice-HID-Helmet-light_p_16.html
solstice20full20helmet_121.jpg

Last edited:

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Very satisfied with the hood, made a different installation of gauge/windshield compared to Fire'n'Ice, and intake placement is sweet, no chance of hooking to branches and stuff in tight terrain.

pppxz.jpg

Last edited:
C

cbouton

Jan 6, 2013
Soldotna, AK
I do a fair bit of riding at night and got the cyclops adventure led helmet light and it's very bright and priced reasonably. Definitely recommend a helmet light for night riding, especially off trail riding.

20140111_204319.jpg

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I bought a 1050 lumens flashlight to put on the helmet, plan is to put a led bar on riser, most probably a 6 led combo light..

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i have the frankensled light & it is perfect,about the same amount of light as your headlight been real happy with mine.

Premium Features