• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02' KTM 520 fit kit?

S
Jan 5, 2008
I have 02 KTM 520. Anyone know if the KTM fit kit will fit with no modifications.
Timbersled shows the KTM kit to fit 03' and newer bikes. T
he frame and swing arm appear to be the same part on the 02' as on the newer KTM's. I called Timbersled and they couldn't say without looking at the bike.
Anyone have experience with this.

C
Jun 27, 2014
Check the swing arm bolt size first. Should be a 15 or 17mm bolt. Then order your fit kit. On my 03 525 it's a 15mm and the 04 up are 17mm. But look first then order the fit kit.

S
Jan 5, 2008
Thanks for the info. The used kit I'm buying comes with a KTM fit kit, I'm assuming it will be for the newer bikes that look to take the 17mm bolt. If I need the 15mm bolt is that all I would need or would I need a whole new fit kit that is build around the 15mm bolt.
Sorry about the dumb question. I know nothing about the timbersleds kits at this point. This is my first try at it. I'm looking to be ready with what parts I need ahead of time so that I can get on the snow ASAP with it.

Premium Features