• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 crank issues

S

sledstew

Nov 2, 2004
Mandan, ND
www.themildtowild.com
I am wondering who has had M1000 Crank issues, we blew a crank this past weekend and Im wondering if anyone out there has had the dealers cover them just after warranty is out since its a known problem.Any input is appreciated.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I just lost mine too...Cat is backing it up but I have the 3 year warrantee. I'm completely stock. One thing about the cats is that they have stood behind the warrantee every time...good company! I'll certainly go back. BTW - felt and sounded like a bad lower crank rod...still have compression and rotation but one cylinder is loose.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I had a Polaris crank on my 2001 go out past the warrantee...the big factor is the dealer backing you up for sure (Highmark backed me up on that one). Best advice I have is talking to the dealer and cat, but it'll really come down to cat. I'd write them a letter and let them know you are a loyal customer and that this has happened to other sleds. My sled had 2400 miles...known issue.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I know 4 guys with M1000's. 2 have had the cranks go (08's) and were on warranty. I don't think the other two have a problem with their cranks (07's)

Premium Features