• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longer tunnel cooler for 2014+ sleds?

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
its not a fun job
IMG_1544.jpg

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I don't know what photobucket doesn't want us to see but just looking at what that cooler is attached to, I know it's not a minor job.

I bought a mudflap and put it on my stock flap as an extension.

I'll be out this weekend to see how it goes. I also bought some vinyl wrap to put underneath the tunnel. For all arctic cat's blathering about powder coating and how much less snow it holds, the underside of my tunnel is not powdercoated and yes, it forms ice dams that prevent snow from moving forward. :face-icon-small-dis

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
It's the same cooler configuration so I don't see why it would be any different. Might not be the same numbers but if one improves, I'm sure the other would too.

Hey eldo, I don't remember, did you cut the bottom of your flap off?

I might get an extension flap to hang off the end for this time of year.

No it is still full Length.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I just got back from riding (16 M 8000) the trail we rode in was freshly groomed and froze, it was like glass. Rode 30 k at 40 mph max (3 in track) scratchers down, maybe stopped twice just to let everyone catch up. No warning lights no hyfax wear nothing. My buddies Polaris pro same, he was watching his gauge and it did go up to 168 but no issues.
Stock sleds with cans and full snow flaps. I really don't think you could have worst conditions than what we had, and if an overheat was going to happen it should have then. Maybe if we were going slower there may not have been as much spray from the scratchers and elevated the temps. I did see a couple Doo's with the flap tucked under the tunnel rubbing on the track, not sure if they did that or purpose for cooling or just didn't realize.

Last edited:

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
I do have a 2013 long cooler off of a 141/153 sitting on the shelf like new I will put it in swapmeet section...anyone can PM me if interested

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Another factor on the speed going down the trail is the faster you are going the more air these 3" tracks are moving under the tunnel. Even if snow spray is minimal, more cool air passing over the heat exchanger helps. So if you're creeping along 30mph or less it's going to be substantially worse for heating I think.

Also, I'm not sure how the thin rear tunnel on the 2017 MC and 2018+ sleds will react with the cooler hanging on them. Cooler might help stiffen the tunnel if it's beefy enough or the extra weight hanging on it pounding through the moguls might be worse for it. I'm not sure. Anyone know if the 2018 Hardcore that was sold overseas have the thicker gage material back there?

Last edited:
Premium Features