• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Nytro slides won't move

S
Hi - I am trying to remove the slides from my 2011 162 Nytro and replace with Dupont, which I have. I removed the screws, loosened back wheel, and loosened the track, as well jacking up the rear end. only 300 miles on sled! BUT the slides will not budge. Any ideas??? :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap thanks, snoflakes

D
They can be hard to move. If you have a longer punch and put it in the hole where the screw goes and try and pound it back. But be careful to not hit the metal you could mess the threads up. Once you have moved it enough that its sticking out the back through the track clamp it sideways with a vice grips and hit it with a hammer. Slides can be a real pain especially with long tracks.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
If you talking about the track sliders. I always spray them down like crazy with wd40 or atf oil or some kind of lubricant let them sit for 15 min and they should slide right off. You will fight them all the way with no lube. Same process to install them. Spray the slider down before install.

mark

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2001
Wyoming
slides

Use a pry bar on the sides to get the wd40 worked in. Take vise grip and clamp it to the side and hit it with a hammer to slide them off. A big chisel also works to get them going.

Premium Features