• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Home made 2 wheel kit ?

N
Jan 5, 2013
Revelstoke,BC
I seen a post alittle while ago that a guy made a 2 wheel kit on summit ZX-X chassis. He just modded his factory axle and used his factory wheels. Just wondering if anybody has specs or measurements to do this mod.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I done it on my 97 summit and then used the same axle on my Rev Summit when I bought it, now I have a Tmotion kit in 08 rails and kit came with factory 2 wheels kit,

cut one side of the axle down to 9 7/8inchs then rethread to 10mm threads or if you don`t have a mm tap use 3/8inch, measure the length of the short spacer that goes from the rail to the inside 3rd wheel then use that measurement to mark the longer spacer on the other side of the wheel so you have 2 outside spacers when done but you have to cut out another piece of the longer spacer the same thickness as the bearing in the wheels this is the tricky but really not that hard part so the inside wheel will set in the correct spot on the track inside the oposite side of the wheel already there. not trying to be cofusing just can`t figure out how to type the procedure to modifying the longer spacer for the other inside wheel placement. then use some big diameter thicker washers on the outside of the rails not forgetting the thin washer on the outside of each inside spacer and the rails.

Hope this helps, I can do some measurements on the axle and the spacers I have if you like to be more acurate just can`t get to it tonight, its out of the sled in my shed.

9 7/8 im posivtive is the lenght of the axle, but they are cut to the length of the center to center of each rails.

20130109_212945.jpg

Wildcard

Last edited:
Premium Features