• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 SPEEDWORKS CAN ???

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
I actually don't think it will. I tried putting an mbrp can off an HO(2010 or 2011) motor on 09 and the inlet to the can was positioned wrong. It comes in at an angle on Ho motor and straight down on 09 or 08

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
ok... you're right!! My sled came with a turbo on it, and the exit from the pipe LOOKED stock, so I just assumed that was how they were!!

Looked at the parts fiche, and it does come out at an angle.
Sorry for the WRONG response!!!

Btw, if you're getting a good deal on it you could get the exit of the pipe re-welded pretty cheap to make it work. I've seen it done, it would take a good welder about 25 minutes.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Hell no it wont work. The 2007-2009 motor has too much BMEP that is MIA. The crank inertia is converse to the CVT balance. Plus you have to factor in latitude of the absence of the additional squish clearance-causing an adverse computation to your compression ratio. Man, doesn't anyone read their owners manual and rider handbook any more?

Premium Features