• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 M8 ECU

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I was hitting the det sensor all the time, yet only heard det once all season... Pretty sure it's over sensitive.

If this flash fixes that, I can run more boost... good thing far as I'm concerned, but I want to hear someone else do it first!!!

btw, I've been told numerous times that not doing the flash is considered improper maintenance, and WILL void warranty. Wonder why the two different stories.

U
Sep 12, 2010
I called the number on the letter and was told that it was for emmisions and wasn't required for sleds in canada, so I won't be getting it flashed.

Bowtie496

Lifetime Membership
Jun 7, 2010
Carey, ID
I was hoping someone with a fairly stock sled who rides in the West would have done it and reported results by now, so I guess I will be the guina pig. Just had it done today, with a year and a month left on warranty I do not want to give Cat any excuse to deny a warranty claim if needed. I will report on performance as soon as we get enough new snow to ride again. It ran good the two times I had it out this season before the flash. We shall see.

S

Shred Master

Mar 14, 2008
I have had my reflash done to my 2011 m8 and I don't have any complaints from it so far I had a low end bog last season and with the reflash hasn't occured at all I think the runs great I ride from 2500-8000 hope this helps anyone

Premium Features