• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what mods to do to go to mountains

S
Sep 16, 2010
Your sled is already a mountain sled. for one weekend a year I wouldn't fiddle with it, they are set up decent enough as they come. If you have different clutch weights and stuff for the flatlands though, make sure you swap in the proper ones for whatever elevation you will be riding at.

W
Dec 16, 2011
Having spent my entire life in Wyoming riding the mountains, I have multiple thoughts on the subject. I ride an M8 bone stock. You definately need the proper clutching. So go back to that.

But having owned all but polaris, the major difference is in rider experience. Having seen many flatlanders come ride ( no offense flatlanders) and having swapped sleds on the hill, the difference comes in experience.

So if you want to lead the pack, pin the throttle! When you are about to hit something, pin the throttle( and lean hard). And when you definately are out of control, pin the throttle and most of the time you will ride right through it!

I have found the more you make mods, the more time you spend tinkering and less time ridin! I like to pull the rope once and ride all day with no tinkering.

Have fun on the hill!

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
PC200031.jpg

S
Feb 21, 2009
800 is mt. ready

You have all you need with the 2010 m8. This sled out of the box will do more than even great riders will try. You just need time in saddle.:face-icon-small-hap

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Step one: Fill gas tank up with 87 non oxy if possible

Step two: Top oil off

Three: GO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spag900

Premium Member
Dec 15, 2007
like most of the guys are saying.... you should be happy with it stock!!! Watch those stock primary springs, I've broke lots! The yellow/ white one lasts longer. Side panel vent kits are a must and a nice light can. Wouldn't waste ur time porting the track, they get up out of the snow so well as is and fer the supposed weight savings..... save ur time by riding the damn thing instead of punching holes in a perfectly good track! There's a reason why the companies aren't porting theirs anymore! Have fun and enjoy Revy

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Unless you want to throw a bunch of money at it, I'd say the anti-stab kit is a must and throw in a new set of clutch springs then ride that mofo!

B
Sep 2, 2008
Saskatchewan
Have fun in Revy

Just got back from Revy with the first ride on my M8 and all i can say is change your secondary spring for lower engagment. I was running stock and it sucks for slower manuvering and getting stuck otherwise tape the throttle open and climb!!!!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
If a great sled, out of the box, isn't enough for you, you will want a Turbo, Kmod, and Muffpot. Do not port your track as was suggested above, absolutely silly.

If you don't want to spend the cash on a turbo and Kmod, buy a muffpot and ride the thing.

Premium Features