• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seats for the ZX?

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Looking for a new higher/shorter seat for my ZX. Boss has an awesome product but my wallet doesnt support the price tag.

Has anyone built their own or had good luck with another seat fabricator??

F
Dec 5, 2007
Marion SD
seat

I have a boss seat that come on my sled when it was ordered i will sell it for 100 and I have also built a seat they both work great it all depends on what kind of riding you are doing.

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
Faster - where are you? If the original poster does not want the Boss, I'll take it(assuming it fits a ZX).

PM me!

Iain

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
I hacked my stock one apart, added some foam, shortened it up, and had a cover made for it. Am thinking about doing a motorcycle seat though, and adding a small like mountain bike shock to the back of it.......we'll see....

could you post some pics of you choped up seat please???

Sorry, this is about as good of a pic as I have of the seat, we're kinda.....seperated right now.:(:eek:

I really don't think there is a whole lot of weight to loose out of a zx seat, unless it holds water. I did mine because of a little misshap that basically ruined the back of my seat. The only thing I suggest is if you cut it like I did, you need some kind of hard tail put in it otherwise it just folds over when you slide back.

DSCI0551.jpg IMG_0275.jpg

Last edited:
F
Dec 5, 2007
Marion SD
zx boss seat

here are some pics of the seat. It came on the seld as it was a spring check in 03 with all the add on's you could think of. I bought the sled with only 285 miles on it. I built my own light weight seat just to shave a few more puonds. please let me know asap as you see there are other people who want it thanks.[/ATTACH]

IMG00003.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00005.jpg
    IMG00005.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 193
M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
here are some pics of the seat. It came on the seld as it was a spring check in 03 with all the add on's you could think of. I bought the sled with only 285 miles on it. I built my own light weight seat just to shave a few more puonds. please let me know asap as you see there are other people who want it thanks.[/ATTACH]

Mgeary07 kinda has dibs in my mind, much as I'd like to paypal you $120 right now (figure shipping to CO should be $20 or so).

I'll PM you my phone number - I'm 100% ready to go, just trying to be the nice guy.

Iain

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Mannix - Its all you. I was hoping it was a high rise seat.

If anyone comes accross any that havent been claimed please let me know!

Im going to take a look at hacking my stock seat tonight.. any suggestions by anyone whos done it???

Try leaving as much of the styrofoam in it as possible, it makes good support. you can have someone add foam to the existing or just cut out your own foam. The seat looks a little funny if you just add the foam to the middle, dunno why, just looks huge at the back, but hey, who cares?! If you want to just make your own seat foam, look into the pool floaties, they are all waterproof closed cell foam and are pretty firm, might add some softer on top if you want to....

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
Fuzzy - check your PMs - your ISP thinks I'm spamming you.

Iain

M

mannix

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2008
aargh, now I'm getting a permission error in trying to send you a PM.

SUPER! Now the internet is conspiring against my snowmobile madness:).

Iain

---

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/private.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at www.snowest.com Port 80

V
Dec 10, 2007
rev seat mod

I just put a 05 rev seat on my 03 700. I had to make some bracing under the seat beacuse the zx gas tank doesn't go as far up the tunnel as the rev tank. I also had to hack some plastic and foam off the rev seat to get to fit up nicely with the gas tank cap thingy. Its about 5lbs lighter, 3" taller and 2" slimmer than the stock zx seat and it looks way sicker.

Premium Features