• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X Mod Questions -

P
Dec 8, 2014
NW Iowa
Hey guys,

I have a 98 Summit X that I have put a 151x16x2 track on, along with a 06 rev skid with all idler wheels moved to the inside. I know this in the zx section, but I am hoping some of the zx guys can chime in on my question. I also have removed the sway bar and raised the handlebars with a pivot riser. I am happy with the way that she turns over on her side, and she sidehills like a champ, but I can't seem to get the front the sled to come off the ground.

I want to get pressure off the front of the sled. I have the front springs in the middle due to no sway bar, the middle skid spring is pretty tight and the back blocks on the softest setting. The limiter straps are also all the way out. What else can I do to make the sled feel less front heavy and get it to feel like the weight is more on the back of the sled? Are things like a new lighter muffler and such worth it?

It won't allow me to upload a picture, if anyone knows how, I would be happy to post one for reference. Thanks!

Z
Mar 10, 2009
Everett, WA
Ski lift

I don't know if you ever got this figured out or not but by going to an 06 skid you more than likely have to lower where the front arm mounts in the tunnel as it is not sharing its part of the weight transferring your ski lift to the rear arm instead of initiating your lift at the front arm the sleds entire weight now has to be overcome by the power you make at the rear arm and weight and leverage are winning the battle go to the same sled your skid is from and take measurements when it's sitting at rest my bet is that your inches up in the tunnel to far! Other option no saying how it will work tho is try going back to your stock front arm! Worth a shot just to see how it reacts! Good luck

Premium Features