• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRT 800 mod HP numbers??

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
Thanks so much for all the advice guys!! But I just found out that this year was the last year that there doing drag racing and **** its bullcrap, so i did some trading on some parts and got a 05 144 tunnel and track for a top end, so i think i am just going to try keep the tripple or sell it since i just got a 720 preditor with my EFI set up I am just short of a crank with that motor there saying with that 720 i should make with twin pipes about 170hp? Is that right? the 720 already has a D&D fuel regulator, and V force reeds just need to know what ppl are using for computer management and if i should change injectors and little things like that so the big triple might be up for sale haha

I have a 700 preditor with the BB single pipe in my 99 sno pro with a 151. Mine is bases off of a 99ish ZL/ZR/MTN cat 500 bottom end. D&D rates it at 140hp. It feels right around there. And its all HP not torque. I run mine at 8300-8500. I have 3 hard season on mine and it still rips. PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Will

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
I have a 700 preditor with the BB single pipe in my 99 sno pro with a 151. Mine is bases off of a 99ish ZL/ZR/MTN cat 500 bottom end. D&D rates it at 140hp. It feels right around there. And its all HP not torque. I run mine at 8300-8500. I have 3 hard season on mine and it still rips. PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Will

I ended up running mine stock with a high and low comp head. D&D said i should be in the 145ish area. I ended up ditching the EFI and ran a carb set up with flats from a F5 and PSI pipes thing was an animal, I was running mine at 86-8800 rpm and she gave me brothers mod 05 SP with EFI 700 in it. I ran it all last season in my IQR chassis and it was awesome, got two hard seasons on the motor, now its sitting on the shelf waiting for a tundra chassis to show up around my area for a water cross build or sell it off.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
FireCat....Pardon the very late response but I retro'd A-arms, spindles and shocks from a ZR 900. Very simple, just required a bushing. Worked great!

(ZRT in Post #7)

Q

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
FireCat....Pardon the very late response but I retro'd A-arms, spindles and shocks from a ZR 900. Very simple, just required a bushing. Worked great!

(ZRT in Post #7)

Q

Lol yes very late. But i figured that out in that time, I did try it but ended up going back to the 43" stance as i found it better all around, found the 46" a little to planted when taking off in the deep.

I will be looking at an older project like this in the future again but a all out build and running a twin. Love the sound and power of the triple but dont like how heavy the nose is at all.

Premium Features