• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 full throttle flooding?

C
Dec 27, 2008
i have a 07 m8 that takes like 10 pulls to start. i just bought the sled for super cheap. so i get it to finally start and i let it warm up for a good 5 min. the check engine light is flashing a code of 1-7 which means the sensor in the pipe. but it idles fine and all so i take it for a quick ride. it runs great up until i pin it and it will run great for about 3 or 4 seconds then it seems like it floods itself and bogs down to nothing. so i then try to refire it and it takes about 20 pulls and finally it roars back to life. i try it again with the same results except this time i let it roll til it stops and let it idle during that time. it doesnt die out and i can get right back on the throttle then.

so my questions are these: one, how much or what effects does the sensor have on the running of the sled and second, any ideas of why it takes so long to start and ideas on the flooding out.

Thanks anyone that can help.

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
The pipe sensor causes your sled to run rich until it warms up! So if the sensor is bad the sled will always think its in warm up mode and cause your issue.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Check your sensor part number against the 2011 M8 part number. If it is the same you can run the sensor from the 2011 Duramax for a fraction of the cost. Just replace the ends and plug in. Do a search on the O2 sensor and you will find a bunch.

Premium Features