• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summarizing sled?

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
1.) Stabil in the gas and run sled long enough to get the Stabil through the fuel line and into the carbs
2.) turn off fuel line valve and run sled until all gas out of carbs and sled stalls
3.) 1 oz of oil down each spark plug hole followed by a few slow tugs on the pull cord
4.) grease it
5.) keep sun and rain off sled

I usually leave only 1/4 tank or less of gas in it and fill with fresh gas the following winter along with a bottle of the HEET to displace any condensation issues.

Sometimes I've lazy and dont pull the belt or set the rear skid on a 2 x 4 to raise the paddles off the trailer......never seemed to create a problem.

This will never get enough oil on the crank to keep condensation off from oil in the plug holes. Putting just oil in the plug holes will not get any oil on the crank you have to fog to keep the crank shaft coated in oil.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Winterizing/Summerizing
My list:

1. clean it really well! Get all dirt and branches out of hood! ( I vacuum and degrease)

2.Check compression and write it down!

3. Grease Up everything and top of all liquids!

4. Put sta-bil in gas tank.(http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/products.aspx)< watch the video they do a winterizing for you sta-bil & fogging> Then Fill tank FULL so it has less space to collect humidity! Check MMI they suggest this for everything. ( I also add heet before the first start of the season to dry out anything that could have collected.)

5. Start her up and let it run for 5 min then fog the motor add oil in plug hole and roll the motor to coat the piston and cylinders.

6. Then I put a yellow rag in exhaust outlet Then You don't forget it when you start it!

7. re-torque all bolts and make a list of any part wanted or needed!

8. Take a small rag put some oil on it and wipe all parts that can rust (prevent rusting)

9. Take carbs off and clean them empty them then re-install!

10.Plug all holes with Yellow/ red rags!

11. Take belts off and out store them in the garage. (inspect them as well)

12. Cover it!

13. I get skis and track off the ground to unload suspension!

Sounds like allot but my sleds are always in great condition next season!

Last edited:
A
Apr 25, 2010
Dont do anything for storage, Everyone on this forum will start it several times during the summer just to inhale the 2 stroke anyways

Damn - you read my mind. Thought I was the only one that thought that 2 stroke was an aphrodisiac!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
Thanks all and thanks Cntrvl Sledder's (i will do exactly that)
I haven't ridden it in 2 months so yesterday i started cleaning it up.
I ran it and I ended up with a cloud of white smoke then it stalled and stopped.
I tried to get it to run but then stopped b/c i don't want to damagae anything.
I have close to a full tank of gas and will do what was recommended.

Could I have damaged anything?

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Thanks all and thanks Cntrvl Sledder's (i will do exactly that)
I haven't ridden it in 2 months so yesterday i started cleaning it up.
I ran it and I ended up with a cloud of white smoke then it stalled and stopped.
I tried to get it to run but then stopped b/c i don't want to damagae anything.
I have close to a full tank of gas and will do what was recommended.

Could I have damaged anything?

Sounds like you did it right?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
So what do i have to do to summarize my sled for storage?
I havent riden it in 2 months, so i think i'm getting a late start on it but what do i need to?
It has almost a full tank of gas (was being optimistic)

Thanks for the advice

Why. We still have another month of riding!:peep:

Premium Features