• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

customizing stock Yami weights for boost

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I saw a guy over on TY had done this to a set of 8bu00's so I figured I'd give it a try.
I started with 8BU10's added a plate on each side with the 17.2 steel rivets. They now weigh in at 70 grams apiece.
The plates were cut on a bandsaw then clamped together and ground equaly.
I then installed them to the arms and then balanced the arms.

Custom Weights, Vin MM 004.jpg Custom Weights, Vin MM 003.jpg

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
This is what I built for my 290hp MCX Apex back in the fall, with this set up (and the rest of clutching to match) it is by far the hardest pulling turbo sled I have riden and that includes lots of 2 stroke and 4 stroke turbo's. My buddies have since set theirs up the same and they too agree.:face-icon-small-hap

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
those are pretty slick... I might be making a set pretty soon as I am pulling 10,600 and have a lot more power on tap that should be showing back up this weekend after I rework some things!.. time to add more weight!

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
tip for yah..

Supertips? Daltons? They are better as you can place more weight at the heel, loading the motor earlier which helps raise boost sooner reducing lag. your plates will work but are not ideal.. I have played with many setups and a uniform increase across the weight will create more shift out but you'd be better off the modify them so more weight is closer to the heel..

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Yep. Thats exactly why I built the plates with a lot more mass near the base as compared to the profile of the weights.
The Daltons are great but if I can make it work with the plates added to the stock weights then I saved myself some money that I can spend on fuel or other mods.

Premium Features