• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting a YTZ7S Battery.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Picked up a new battery and in the process of installing it. What have others done in order to mount this small battery. I thought about bending up a bracket but it will involve a lot of bends.

clamps? brackets? wedges?

Pics would be great.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
I used cr's but had to modify it abit as my fuel pump mounts to it as well.. Fits nice though, and lots of weight savings with that ytz7

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
we used hard foam isulation.. does not burn or soak up water and is light.. made the insulation same size as stock battery and just cut out area the size of new battery.. Then we used stock mounting.. batttery cant move.. and if we have problem we can allways put a stocker back in by just removing foam :beer;

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
we used hard foam isulation.. does not burn or soak up water and is light.. made the insulation same size as stock battery and just cut out area the size of new battery.. Then we used stock mounting.. batttery cant move.. and if we have problem we can allways put a stocker back in by just removing foam :beer;

I was thinking about that, I will come up with a plan tonight.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
made this box using part of the old battery and some plate.

heidiscamerapics040.jpg

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Fabbed up a bracket like the one from CR. Took me longer because of so many bends but its super solid and best part is the sled fired right up!

T

TApeX_07

This is how I am gona do it. Keepin it simple.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I cant imagine velcro would hold that great tumbling down the hill? What about the pounded out trails? Still that would be an easy way to mount.

Bracket did not cost me anything but some garage time hehe.

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I just bought the CR Racing bracket at the last sled show I was at. For me the $30 it cost didn't warrant the time it would take to get materials and fab something.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
They wanted 40$ plus 20+ for shipping. That bracket I made weighs ounces and it was free. I don t mind some garage time, gave me an excuse to check things over.

Premium Features