• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 SR Viper front end on a 2015?

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Barcode,
What would I have to do to get a kit before August? I really would like a kit soon so I can get my sled ready and put in storage. I have a list mods this summer and the sooner I get them done the better.

Were right now finalizing design on two of the upper shock mount pieces. There going to be going into production soon.
Id love to have the kits ready sooner. But unfortunately they just wont be.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
So far were still aiming for September. We have tweaked the kit a bit. We've made it so the turning radius is increased by 10 degrees from stock.
We have updated our website a bit also. Soon as I have the kits ready to ship I will let you know.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We have a thin nylon fender washer between the arm and the shock mount.

H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver
We have a thin nylon fender washer between the arm and the shock mount.

Hmmm. Surprised you would bring a design like that to market, especially from a liability stand point. Although a swivel shock mount may perform in an ideal environment, I would not trust it over the long term on a snowmobile. Ice, temp fluctuations, sand, mud, grit etc. will all play havoc with its ability to swivel reliably. If it fails to swivel for any reason, the shock will bind and eventually end up breaking. The result of that at speed could be catastrophic for the rider. There is a reason that shock mounts are almost always designed as a solid fixture, and also the reason shocks are sometimes equipped with rod ends. If suspension geometry is designed so that a shock does not stroke in a perfectly linear fashion, the resulting misalignment should be handled by using a rod end on at least one of the shock ends.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Barcode,
One problem I have with aftermarket companies is that they don't do much R&D and they rely on the customer for feed back. This is cheap testing for the business but sucks for the consumer. I've been there before. Hornet bring up a good point about the swivel shock mount and I'm also concerned about last minute tweaked that can't be test due to lack of snow. I don't want to be the one testing your product. I also don't want to cause damage to my shocks in the case the swivel mount fails. How sure are you that this will not happen and if it does do you stand behind your product and replace damaged parts?

So far were still aiming for September. We have tweaked the kit a bit. We've made it so the turning radius is increased by 10 degrees from stock.
We have updated our website a bit also. Soon as I have the kits ready to ship I will let you know.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
I get that! I understand your scepticism. We've been using the swivel shock mount on our other kits for 3 years now with out one failure. Ive been using the swivel kit on our test sleds for 5 years with out a failure. The tweaks are nothing more than visual.
Ive never gotten any sand or grit onto the swivel area. And we ride some pretty gnarly stuff. The main reason we went with the swivel mount is that the kits that were out at the time (not going to mention names) used the spherical bearings in the shocks, from what we saw and the units we rode. The shock was constantly binding and being put under strain. We didn't like what we saw.
We really try to beat up our product when we are out testing. We personally test our stuff.
We stand behind what we sell.
If you run into a tree and break something well then its on you.
But if one of our kits fail, we will replace it.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Barcode,
Thanks for the reply. I have an a arm kit on my nytro with spherical end on the shock mounts that have given some problems. Do you have a video of the swivel in action on a viper?

Sorry I don't. They all swivel about the same amount.

H
Nov 10, 2009
Denver
I get that! I understand your scepticism. We've been using the swivel shock mount on our other kits for 3 years now with out one failure. Ive been using the swivel kit on our test sleds for 5 years with out a failure. The tweaks are nothing more than visual.
Ive never gotten any sand or grit onto the swivel area. And we ride some pretty gnarly stuff. The main reason we went with the swivel mount is that the kits that were out at the time (not going to mention names) used the spherical bearings in the shocks, from what we saw and the units we rode. The shock was constantly binding and being put under strain. We didn't like what we saw.
We really try to beat up our product when we are out testing. We personally test our stuff.
We stand behind what we sell.
If you run into a tree and break something well then its on you.
But if one of our kits fail, we will replace it.

You may not have any failures but you should bank on the likelihood that one of your customers might. If this design is such a great idea, why is no once else using it? Do you realize that every time your mounts swivels that it is also twisting/turning the inner shock shaft/tube? If anyone needs any further enlightenment contact a reputable suspension expert/chassis designer and see what they say.

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
I have two Barcode 365 kits on our Nytro's. I know its not the Viper kit. But they use the exact same mounts. I've been using them for 3 years and they work perfect. I look at our stuff periodically throughout the season. The nylon washers are holding up well. Plus if they need replacing they are super cheap. The quality of the kit is great, not to mention Allan is a really great guy to deal with.
Were looking to upgrade to the Vipers this year. Not even interested in the 2016 stock end. If there kit is anything like what it did to the Nytro than the Viper kits going to Fantastic.

K
May 9, 2013
Fishsticks,
Thanks for your comment. Does anyone else have these kits that would like to share there experience with them?

I don't post much,but Ill chime in for this. I also have a Barcode 365 kit on my Nytro. Its pretty fantastic! Never had a problem with the shock mounts.
Im also in the same boat. Upgrading this year to the Viper(or maybe a Cat) Ive already called and talked with Allan, and bought and paid for the new Viper kit. I believe in his stuff. His kit made my Nytro soooooooooo much better.
Looking forward to the Viper.

Premium Features