• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 keeps fouling right side plug

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Check your fuel pump. If fuel is getting into the impulse line, it will dump into the mag side crankcase.

wouldnt this be painfully obvious somewhere?

how do we check the fuel pump? I know the basics of what makes a motor run and basic diagnostics... but this is my first year ever on a sled.. got into the sled world february 2017!, so some parts and their locations are still a tad foreign to me. wont take me long to master these things though. im already off to a decent start with 2 rebuilds under my belt...s mod replacments, new running boards (scary cutting up your tunnel), new rails, etc.. and this headache.

it ran great in the shop.... even ran great on the trail. for 5 miles. then died!!

owner bought it, rode it for a few hours, ran great, did like a 2 minute hillclimb, and it sputtered on the way down... been a nightmare ever since.

coil and plug wires are on the way.. well try that.

if that doesnt work, its DPM testing/replacement and carb rebuild. maybe even Raves. would like to know more info on that o ring. id bet its a super oddball, rare size with my luck. and I cant seem to find it on the parts explosion.

if that doesnt work.... I give up!!

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
X2 on the seal, After rebuilding a couple hundred 800R's over the years, most weep some isoflex.

Now I am gonna bet you have a bad O-ring on the needle/seat on the side that is fouling. These little buggers get hard over time and do fail.

Open up the carbs. Remove the 2 Phillips screws holding the plastic seat in place, remove it and you will see the O-rings. Replace them and let us know.

The DPM, if bad, will cause a major rich condition beyond 1/2 throttle but will run fine below.

smart fella right here...
arctic cat sells them separately #6505-875

your dealer/local guy arent to sharp IMHO-BJ

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
you guys are the best!!!

Big John.. ive heard good things about you, on dootalk I believe too. youre a legend man!! thanks for that part number.. going to order it first thing tomorrow morning and contact you guys for further parts. dont want to bug you over a 99 cent part!

how about jets and needles? should we replace those while were in there? how can we tell what we need? we ride at 1000-2500m

thanks

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I doo try:face-icon-small-coo
just inspect, if the tip is in good shape (not falling off) verify its clean, add new orings and re assemble-BJ

Premium Features