For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: AXYS 2016 AXYS chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Currently: Not set.
Mr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reverse not working after riding awhile???

2017 RMK the reverse quits working after riding awhile. I install new button and wire. Did not make any difference. Sled idle fines and I really don't think it is a tps issue. Nothing happens when I push the button, like there is no connection.
Any ideas? It works perfect in the morning and the first few hours of riding.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 AM
snoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond reputesnoballssnoglory has a reputation beyond repute

Well. Your not alone. I was suspecting that it was due to moisture penetrating a relay as it has only happened to me twice and both on deep deep days. Do you have similar conditions when it happens to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Mr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Redrock has a reputation beyond repute

Snow has been deep and covering the sled, when it happens. I pulled the relays and put dialectical grease on them with out success.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Thanked 1,181 Times in 678 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget that if the brake is applied reverse is INOP. that means you need to check everything to do with the brake light.... switch, wiring, connectors.

The Following User Says Thank You to SRXSRULE For This Useful Post:
hamlin (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 09:48 AM

Really.. my parking brake light is always on, never knew that would affect it. I will have to dig into why it will not go off. I played with the lever with no luck. It free rolls like it is not on. Any suggestions that I can check to see why the light will not go off? I did not check to see if the light was on when the reverse did work.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Thanked 1,181 Times in 678 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Redrock View Post
Really.. my parking brake light is always on, never knew that would affect it. I will have to dig into why it will not go off. I played with the lever with no luck. It free rolls like it is not on. Any suggestions that I can check to see why the light will not go off? I did not check to see if the light was on when the reverse did work.
I think the brake light witch is normally open, so you should just be able to unplug the connector going to the switch on the bars and see if that fixes it. If it does, you need a new brake light switch.

The Following User Says Thank You to SRXSRULE For This Useful Post:
sledhead9825 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 PM

The reverse does work with the brake light on when the sled is dry.
Riding tomorrow hopefully can figure out this gremlin.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Currently: chug.chug.chug. goes the 600
Basic Member
prowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond repute

Hairdryer and compressed air at the end or beginning of the day.. or a warm shop.. this was happening to mine just the other day after deep rides.. blow it all super clean and dry when warm..

Fixed mine..

Old 02-16-2019, 04:49 PM
Currently: chug.chug.chug. goes the 600
Basic Member
prowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond reputeprowop has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. All around the brake lever. And I usually do the throttle side and helps with the throttle going all the way home..