For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Currently: Need snow!
Adobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond reputeAdobe-Al has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is a new TS ski worth the $500?

Thinking about upgrading my 15 TS ST with a new ski. Is it worth doing?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is.

Just for the weight saving and on top of it flotation and not washing out as easy.

Do they still do spindle and ski for $500 Both ski and spindle are much lighter.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Currently: waiting on pow
2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute2smokin has a reputation beyond repute

I would just add that the aro spindle is not too hard to bend/break. ripped mine clean in half a few weeks ago catching a rock. on the bright side it didnt bend the forks. Happy with the ski performance though!

Old 02-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Basic Member
AllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond repute

I upgraded from the Timbersled MH ski to the ARO last year and it was a very good decision. It handled better everywhere.

I will add that I was able to use the spindle from my 2015 ski and just mount the ski. I had to modify it a bit by reaming it out, but it fit.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Basic Member
jrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond reputejrlastofthebreed has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I got to ride an ARO and my 17 ST LE side by side for the day. Spoiler, Im buying the new ski.

On the very icy and rutted trail the old ski was better, but after a little but i built up the confidence to go flat out on the ARO. Went probably 5 miles? It took more arm strength but was manageable.

In the powder the ARO really shined. We had 8-10" of fluff on top of a great base. The old ski washed out a lot and would "skid" a little on the turns. I never once had the ski wash out on the ARO. (the track did once). It was truly confidence inspiring in the trees. Very much a go where its pointed all the time.

It is also more stable. I thought the ARO track would be more tippy but it wasn't at all. I was on a kick start bike and didn't have problems. Maybe in part because of the ski is more planted? idk

I should note that both skis have stock skags. Nothing ground off either.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:06 PM
Basic Member
AllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond reputeAllHatNoCattle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlastofthebreed View Post
I got to ride an ARO and my 17 ST LE side by side for the day. Spoiler, Im buying the new ski.

On the very icy and rutted trail the old ski was better, but after a little but i built up the confidence to go flat out on the ARO. Went probably 5 miles? It took more arm strength but was manageable.

In the powder the ARO really shined. We had 8-10" of fluff on top of a great base. The old ski washed out a lot and would "skid" a little on the turns. I never once had the ski wash out on the ARO. (the track did once). It was truly confidence inspiring in the trees. Very much a go where its pointed all the time.

It is also more stable. I thought the ARO track would be more tippy but it wasn't at all. I was on a kick start bike and didn't have problems. Maybe in part because of the ski is more planted? idk

I should note that both skis have stock skags. Nothing ground off either.
While I agree with what you are saying, do keep in mind that your fork height setup can make a big difference in the feel of both environments.

What you are describing is a bike set up with a lot of ski pressure. So it darts around a lot on the hardpack and has more bite in the powder. If you push your forks down in the triple clamps you will increase ski pressure, and you can get effects like what you are describing.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Currently: Someday you'll finally get rid of that extra ski .
Hawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond repute

Apples and oranges , put the trackers on the old ski and see what happens ? So if you do that the next question is which one gives you more arm pump ?

Am I missing something ?

Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Currently: dreaming of global cooling
needpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hawkster;4198499]Apples and oranges , put the trackers on the old ski and see what happens ? So if you do that the next question is which one gives you more arm pump ?

Am I missing something?

By trackers you mean the skags right? They dont fit. The hole patern is different. Im pretty sure I could take them off my aro ski and it would still work better than the old ski with skags in the soft stuff. The new ski just holds better in the powder. I’ve spent lots of money on “upgrades” that did nothing. In my opinion the ski/spindle upgrade is money spent that actually makes a performance difference. Of course you do need to beef up the spindle but that’s cheap and easy.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:19 AM
Currently: Someday you'll finally get rid of that extra ski .
Hawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond reputeHawkster has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm , the angled iron on the outside on both sides is what I'm babbling about .

Was just looking at a new one too , I should of measured .

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Currently: one ski and a KTM
CATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Currently: Shamwowing
Basic Member
Norma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond reputeNorma Stitz has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Currently: one ski and a KTM
CATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to CATSLEDMAN1 For This Useful Post:
Sheetmetalfab (02-11-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 AM
Currently: dreaming of global cooling
needpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond reputeneedpowder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 AM
HalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond reputeHalfBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register