• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 XP Summit Narrower ski stance.

Q
Nov 28, 2007
Island Park, Id
I was just surfing around and was on my dealers site using his comparison tool and it shows the 09 ski stance is 40 to 42.5 inches. On the other hand the 08 is 44.8 to 46.4 inches. That is 4.8 inch narrower on the 09. Wow that's a bunch. It should roll and carve a ton easier.

Last edited:
R
Aug 12, 2008
I was just surfing around and was on my dealers site using his comparison tool and it shows the 09 ski stance is 40 to 42.5 inches. On the other hand the 08 is 44.8 to 46.4 inches. That is 4.8 inch narrower on the 09. Wow that's a bunch. It should roll and carve a ton easier.

40-42.5 is the same as last year, that must be some mis-information.

M
I just checked the BRP site specs also and it shows the 08 wider by 4.8, same specs. I cannot get to my 08 XP to measure to know for sure. Anyone have a tapemeasure and an 08 Summit handy?

Measured my 08 XP and from the center to center of the spindle (ski leg) where the ski mount is 39"s. My skis are set to the narrowest and center to center, measuring from skag bolt is close to 38"s.

Q
Nov 28, 2007
Island Park, Id
Need someone with an 09 Summit and a tapemeasure

Measured my 08 XP and from the center to center of the spindle (ski leg) where the ski mount is 39"s. My skis are set to the narrowest and center to center, measuring from skag bolt is close to 38"s.

Ski Stance is the measurement at the widest outside point of the skis. At center to center of 39" and a ski that is 6.9" wide that puts the outside measurement at around 45-46" which is what the spec sheet says (44.8 to 46.4 inches). So now we need someone who has picked up their 09 Summit to give us the spindle center to center measurement. I'm still not ready to dismiss the official specs until we know for sure.

all other brand mountain sleds run 38" to 41". The MXZ trail sled is 47". 08 info must be incorrect

The official specs show the MXZ being the same 47" for the past bunch of years through 09...47". They show my 06 Summit being the same as my 08 Summit and that seems right. Only the 09 measurement has changed.

Last edited:
Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
Ski Stance is the measurement at the widest outside point of the skis. At center to center of 39" and a ski that is 6.9" wide that puts the outside measurement at around 45-46" which is what the spec sheet says (44.8 to 46.4 inches). So now we need someone who has picked up their 09 Summit to give us the spindle center to center measurement. I'm still not ready to dismiss the official specs until we know for sure.

ski stance dimension is defined as center to center on both yamaha and arctic cat web sites - I think like you said, a direct measurement comparision between th 08 and 09 will solve this

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
width

I have also seen them measured ctr to ctr of the outside carbide. Have to know the definition of the spec to compare.

Premium Features