• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS850 146 to "RMK" 146

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
I have snowchecked a SKS850 146..but i have started to think about maybe rebuild it to a RMK 146..replace the handlebar and steering post,RMK fueltank,console and getting the swirtches off the bar and down to the console..maybe i must also get the RMK seat also.
Sticking with the stock front suspension and cooling.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
There is more to be done than just change the fuel tank and so on. You ned to modify the stirrups and front of footwell are because there is big differences there too because of the running boards. You'll better of snowcheck a 155" and make it shorter..

I've been looking at this my self. But it's not worth it. Have a upholstery shop to modify your seat and use a custom bar setup from RSI or Cheetah Factory Racing and just add a mountain bar and hooks from the Rmk. That's the cheapest option

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Definately significantly easier to get a 155, clip the tunnel and do shorter rails and a new track. The tunnel part is a little scary, but overall the project is a LOT cheaper. And its been done, IceAge has built the rails for numerous guys doing it and its a proven project.

Much simpler then chasing down 100's of stupid little polaris parts that will eat your bank account alive.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Little late to the party, but if you havent ridden the sks yet i wouldnt discount it yet. Works extremely well, and really it splits the difference between doos lay down post and polaris vert rmk swing. You might only consider chopping down the seat to be a little shorter. Otherwise the whole sled works pretty darn good.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
^What all of these guys said^

There is way too much to change and you still have to fabricate new toe loops. I really considered doing to my SBA but it was just too much work, instead I have learned to not put my foot loops...

Premium Features