• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Corporate finally SPEAKS OUT on their future....

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
When Yamaha did the engine for the Toyota 2000gt they did a stock exchange. I am not sure why....maybe a confidentiality clause? Anyways it seems when they do these co-ops they get a stock exchange so each has an interest in the other. Somebody smarter than me can explain why :face-icon-small-con

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
The sleeping giant has awoken finally! Things are going to get real in the next few years!!!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I rather doubt it.
Yamaha is a distant 4th place in the market right now.
They are not competing aggressively with the other 3 manufacturers.
For whatever deep dark reason they have been content to take 4th place for years now.

There can't be a "Mass Exodus" when there is NO MASS to begin with.:face-icon-small-hap

People simply do NOT buy Yamaha sleds for the same reason they would buy a new RMK PRO or XM. And because of that difference Yamaha has cultivated a different clientele over the years.

Now they APPEAR to have finally decided to make a MAJOR COURSE change and its going to ruffle a whole lotta feathers while everyone sits back and watches to see just what they actually do.

well i have been riding yammi sleds for 20 years how many years you got on them:face-icon-small-hap?iam not talking at this time but over the last 6 years i know of 30-40 people myself that have left yammi ,so i wasnt talking now but over the last bunch of years.once again iam not saying this is not going to happen but remember i have been here through thick & thin & have been hearing this for years (next year).well next year is here again & we have a 140hp mtn sled that weighs 60-80lbs more than the compition,can anybody say that competing.i have no complaints about my nytro because i love modding, sled but i have allot of freinds that would love to get back on a yammi .but they wont until they can buy one they dont have to put another 7000$ into just to get close to the compitition.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Remember how far behind they were in 1996 with still having the pogo stick suspension? Seems Yamaha has a history of getting behind and catching up in a big leap. I for one am curious to see if it happens again.

hey iam a yammi die hard i hope it happens to but i have just stop holding my breath & will beleave it when i see it.:face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
why did yamaha deny purchasing shares of Arctic cat? i believe they still have not admitted that. pretty sure they now currently own over half of cat
I know, I Know.
I have been hearing the same rumors for MONTHS now.
I can neither confirm nor deny their truthfulness though...

djones000buck

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2010
Birch Run, Michigan
anyone recognize the new 7000 series ctec4 arctic cat engine... 1049 cc and 135 HP, hmmmm lol... Yamaha is a motor company, I suppose that's one way to sell more motors too... Obviously more to the strategy and agreement...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
well i have been riding yammi sleds for 20 years how many years you got on them:face-icon-small-hap?iam not talking at this time but over the last 6 years i know of 30-40 people myself that have left yammi ,so i wasnt talking now but over the last bunch of years..

Oh, NO argument that they have lost market share and loyal riders over the years. Apparently someone at corporate took notice of this a year or two ago and set the ball in motion to FIX the problem at long last!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i'm pretty sure that Cat was in big financial trouble very recently and that Yamaha now owns 51% of Arctic Cat
Thats a full blown corporate takeover.
They would HAVE to file papers with the SEC and we could find that.

No one I have heard ever suggested a buy in anything near that large???

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Thats a full blown corporate takeover.
They would HAVE to file papers with the SEC and we could find that.

No one I have heard ever suggested a buy in anything near that large???

will have to see, definitely seems to been kept hush hush

Yamaha not gonna make a huge investment and changes in TRF without owning a good part of them

Last edited:
S

SnoDay

Jan 3, 2013
Minnesota
They are not in financial trouble despite how their sleds and ATV's are. They didn't attempt to buy Suzuki they never would have that kind of cash flow. They bought all of Suzuki's controlling shares of their company so they could move forward with their own engines and partner with anyone (Yamaha) for engines. They have ZERO debt and a strong outlook on the NYSE. Look there if you want actual financial insight on Cat. Cat and Yam are going to be around neither are buying each other out just mutually beneficial at the moment to share a little tec. In a few years I suspect Yam will have their own new chassis with insane motors and Cat will have their own new chassis with possibly Yam motor options (I hope) since I'm a Cat guy.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
When Yamaha did the engine for the Toyota 2000gt they did a stock exchange. I am not sure why....maybe a confidentiality clause? Anyways it seems when they do these co-ops they get a stock exchange so each has an interest in the other. Somebody smarter than me can explain why

Yamaha built the entire automobile and sold it to Toyota who "re-badged it" A nice 2000GT goes for 500k now :)

No shares have been purchased or swapped. It is a "supply Agreement" the each supply the other party something of value.

This is really no different than in the past when Yamaha supplied Mercury Marine full running models of Mariner Outboards under 60 hp in the early to mid 80's and 90's. Then also sold Mercury Marine full powerheads for some 4 stroke technology prior to the contract expiring for some strange reason ;)
Yamaha remains the #1 Outboard manufacturer in the world and is now intended on taking back some of their Snowmobile business....that is it in a nutshell.

Safe sledding folks........The Blue Team is coming out to play.

Cheers
RS

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
bought a assload of suzuki shares in a failed attempt to purchase that engine manufacturer

i'm sure their crappy ATV's are not helping them either

Where do you get your facts? Both AC and Yamaha are publicly traded. Either one owning 51 percent of the other is not true. Both are also profitable and in decent financial position. I don't much care about either either from a sled perspective but a 2 minute google search proves your facts are way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
AC's 2012 Annual Report attached. I don't see anything about Yamaha owning ANY percentage of AC or AC being in poor financial condition.

Attachments

• 12-2057 ArcticCat 2012 AR_Final.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Premium Features