• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the best aftermarket tunnel and rear suspsension out there?

M

mnsledder

Dec 5, 2007
I'm currently riding an 09 M1200 162. It has a lot of aftermarket parts from BDX and D&D. This fall, I would like to continue with my aftermarket spending and are looking for a tunnel, rear suspension and what ever else can improve the sled from factory production. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
CR racing and VE make great tunnels and rear conversions. Should have pics of the CR soon. For the skid KMOD make a great unit for a good price.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Yep if it were my sled it would get a vanamburg and a Timber skid.

PM me for the best price on the Timber skid. I am putting together an order now and will get you the best price.

Thought about doing anything with the front end?? Makes the M alot better on the hill.

Just me .02

Jake

I was in the same boat as you. After lots of research and reading reviews i decided to go with a van amburg boondocker tunnel powdercoated white and a timbersled mountain tamer rear suspension. I went with the van amburg tunnel because they are made in the United states where as CR racing is made in canada (nothing against canada just wanted to support my country) and i went with the timbersled rear skid because i have a timbersled intake kit and their customer service is second to none and they stand behind their product. My tunnel is about 3 weeks out but i will post pictures once i get it. I just got the timbersled mountain tamer suspension in the mail yesterday but havn't recieved my rails and bigwheel kit from ice age yet but i'll post pictures of that too once i get it all put together.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
great minds think a like! i have to agree with the above statements on the VE tunnels and MTN Tamer rear skids, they both look awesome and flat out work. 907to406 your gonna love your new set up!

thanks, i'm pretty pumped on it. All my buddys have been doggin on me because i have so much money into my sled and they are all on new xp's. If i had a dollar for everytime they tell me "dude for what you have into that sled you could have a brand new sled" but whatever, anybody can have a brand new sled. i think its cooler to trick out an old sled.

T

TREE MAGNET

Oct 28, 2008
ST. MARIES
VE best tunnel you can buy hands down don't even look anywhere else. Mike & Liz are awesome to deal with. On the rear suspension timber sled is a good set up & I love to see north Idaho boys making good products, but lets not forget about EZ ride if we want the best!

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Yep, I agree with you there Tree. I love the EZ as well but for the cost and weight advantage I prefer Timber. That and the Timber has proven it has the ability to deal with the horsepower of a turbo in the Chutes of BC.

Jake

C

CHOP

Nov 15, 2008
I have a ve and make no mistake you will love it,not sure on skid?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i agree with 907 and manowar except i'm on the canuck side of it, i'd prefer a cr tunnel for same reason. but i am running timberskid and front and i am happy. just wish the update woulda been cheaper.

Last edited:
D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Unless you have money to throw away I would just leave them. There's nothing wrong with the tunnel and skid on the 09 cats. Best stock setup out there IMO.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Update Kit for Pre 2010 Mtn. Tamer

Kit updates mechanical differences

Provides more adjustments for ride quality

Provides better adjustments for controlling ski lift

Installing kit will require re-drilling shock mounting holes forward in slide rails

Kit includes: 2 Larger diameter shock cross shafts , 2 shock bushings, 4 shock alignment collars, 2 new style limiter straps, 3 strap alignment collars, 2 One peace slide bushings, Instructions.

Update Kit $150.00 P-1800-47 Ship to: USA - $15.00 Canada - $15.00 International - $35.00

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i think 150 bux for the update is a bit of a joke. i've been running dual yammie straps on my timber shortly after getting the skid, i sure hope the new shock shafts hold. my local machine shop had the dimensions on hand so i could pick a set up on the way home.

i'm debating on scrapping the delrin slide bushing and just getting some oilite bushings made.

Premium Features