• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anti-theft measures

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Well tried out the baby monitor, worked awesome, I also made a few simple modifications to ensure it would take a while for any thieves to start my truck. Plus I backed my truck up to my hotel window and left it cracked as well.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Wow all this talk is scary, i leave my sc nytro out all night while i sleep where we ride and have never had anyone mess with any thing. I did think i was niave but it doesnt seem to happen or the sled is just not what they are looking for. My one buddy did always wire in a switch on his under the hood to slow em down but i always figured they would just throw it in the bed of a truck and go. Then they would find the switch while they were parting the thing out.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Wow all this talk is scary, i leave my sc nytro out all night while i sleep where we ride and have never had anyone mess with any thing. I did think i was niave but it doesnt seem to happen or the sled is just not what they are looking for. My one buddy did always wire in a switch on his under the hood to slow em down but i always figured they would just throw it in the bed of a truck and go. Then they would find the switch while they were parting the thing out.

Can happen to anyone, i think people should just focus on making sure thieves cant steal thier truck as opposed to the sled. Seems like they are taking the whole rig and trailer then pulling the sleds out further down the road. Just sick.

H
Oct 7, 2010
Well, when my stuff is at home, i keep it all in a garage. and i have 2 fairly large 100+lb dogs that could hear a pin drop in the neighbors house. they wake up and bark once or twice when a car so much as slows down going by my house. and when we are out somewhere, i always pull the keys from everything, and have On-Star on all of my vehicles, so stealing my rig would not get you very far. If someone wants to steal a sled or trailer bad enough, then nothing you do will stop them. its sad to say,but that is the way it works most of the time..

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Even though I use front and rear superclamps with locks and have an alarm in my truck with an engine immobilizer and steering wheel club, I recently purchased this 66 foot cable lock with a 120 dB siren. I park my truck close to the door of my house and run the cable from the lock with siren (inside the house) through the sled and the bumper of my truck. If the cable gets cut then the alarm goes off.

Here is the link:

http://www.etipinc.com/lockalarm.asp

Great for locking up the dirt bikes and generator when camping in the summer too!

B

big_red1a

Oct 23, 2008
GPS Tracker

check this site out,,they some interesting GPS tracking devices,,,I like this cause i'd wanna find them for touchn my baby:crazy:

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/livewire-lightninggps-trackingdevice.html

I used this http://www.goldeneyegps.com cost $299 cad and No monthly fees which can add up! Ask for the model GE 990 it is the same as the ones on there site but it does not have a starter disable (I did not think it was needed.) And is less expensive.
The guys Name is Rich and the 1800 number is on the site he was a big help and I sleep better knowing I can track and get alerts when my toys move.

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
How are these azzhats stealing these trucks anyway? I was under the impression that the new trucks could not be hot wired. Iv heard that the newer fords are the ones getting hit the hardest.

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
Even though I use front and rear superclamps with locks and have an alarm in my truck with an engine immobilizer and steering wheel club, I recently purchased this 66 foot cable lock with a 120 dB siren. I park my truck close to the door of my house and run the cable from the lock with siren (inside the house) through the sled and the bumper of my truck. If the cable gets cut then the alarm goes off.

Here is the link:

http://www.etipinc.com/lockalarm.asp

Great for locking up the dirt bikes and generator when camping in the summer too!

So does the 66 foot give you 66 feet of reach or just 33?

M5

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
So does the 66 foot give you 66 feet of reach or just 33?

M5

Unfortunately only about 32 feet but my driveway is right next to my front door so it works for me. Even if you ran it from your sled through the wheel of your truck it would have to be cut if someone tried to steal either item. It is 120 DB so you would hear it even if it was not inside your house, hotel or RV.

snowblind

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
los angeles
www.mtnX.com
here in Los Angeles no one steals snowmobiles, unless they are confused and think they are jetskis. In canada I just take the motor out of my old ford f350 at night and I use a steel trailer and weld the wearbars to the deck, then pull all the wheels off and bring them into the hotel room. everything is there in the morning

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
We use battery disconnects on our equipment (you could interupt power to starter and still maintain power to alarm system), would work on trucks too.....a deterrent at best but they will slow em' down.

D
Sep 7, 2017
I have had good luck using the Axis M10 series of cameras for such remote baby monitoring applications. They work well with SecuritySpy. These cameras have available features such as two way audio, an integrated PIR sensor to detect motion even in total darkness, and a remotely controlled (white) nighttime illuminator, which works pretty well on the area directly in front of the camera.

Premium Features