• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz concept 38" bushings???

R
Feb 14, 2014
Foley MN
Looking for someone that has this front end.

I bought one off eBay and the seller listed as unknown manufacturer. I could tell they were skinz so I bought them for only $275. I have confirmed that they are indeed skinz.
a>

The red was chipped so I painted them snow camo.
a>

What are the bushings supposed to look like? They look nothing like the oem yamaha ones. The holes in the bushings (that were solid stationary ones) had a hole just big enough for the bolts to go through unlike the sleeve type yami ones. Tia

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I know their kit for 2008-09 needed to run a bushing kit that updated to the 2010 style bushings. They list the OEM part number under the concept a-arm kit for the Nytro. they designed the kit around 2010 nytro. i would just call skinz and talk with them. its tough to tell but they might be the oilite bushing kit you can buy. I don't have the front end sorry cant be more help

Last edited:

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Wow......Yeah, not SPG. They are similar, but definitely not the same.

Not aware of any other a-arm manufacturers that look similar. Z-Bros very different. Maybe proto Timbersled, but they don't look like those either.

OTM

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i cant remember there name but there was a shop in the usa that made a chromo nytro kit it came with diff spindles or could be a older set of cr racing arms.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
As others mentioned before they are very similar to Skinz arms, but Skinz arms do not have the gussets on the lower control arm where the pivot tubes attach to the main tube if I remember correctly.

Because there is no inner sleeve to act as a bearing surface, I'm thinking that they could be a one-off copy of the Skinz arms. Normally production arms will use an inner sleeve instead of having the bushing riding directly on the through bolt. The inner sleeve allows you to torque the control bolts down without having them pinch the sub frame down on the sides of the A arm, which could cause a bind and possibly allow the A arm bolts to work loose.

To use these arms you could have a machine shop ream out the bushings to fit your OEM Yamaha sleeves though.:thumb:

Last edited:
Premium Features