For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Currently: Doing a snow dance
jhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant future
Default T motion vs toms evolution air or upgrade to toms E motion

Seeing if anyone has any experience with the toms original evolution air vs t motion on a 2014 summit 163. Had the toms evo air on my 2009 with a 162x3" track and really liked it. Trying to see if it is worth swapping over the toms evo air or running the 3" track with the t motion. Also considering upgrading to toms e motion rear arm if toms is the answer

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Currently: Rolling coal, waiting on snow
trenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond repute

Got the full Tom's setup on my 15 174" love it! Does take some testing with air pressure in shocks to get it right,

Old 11-20-2017, 09:46 PM
jhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant futurejhubs has a brilliant future

Are you running the E motion rear arm setup?

Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 PM
trenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond reputetrenchking has a reputation beyond repute

Yes

Old 12-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Currently: Ready For Snow!
Diamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond8 has a reputation beyond repute

I am running Tom's E-Motion on my 2015 XM 163-3" and love it as well. Takes some tuning to get it dialed in but once it is........man is it nice. I have Float 3 Evol QS3-R on the front and they have worked excellent as well.

I really like the QS3 ( Quick Switch ) which allows you to go from soft / medium / firm with the easy flick of a switch. Set it up hard to bang bumps on the trail in and out.......then back it off for the back country riding. Pretty damn slick.

Tom's was good about recommending some initial settings and then I got some help from Duncan Lee out of Tahoe for settings ( the shocks have a lot of adjustability ) and that got me right on the mark.

I keep a little cheat sheet with me and a pump for making changes depending on the snow. Honestly though I don't have to use it / change things very often. Not a cheap setup by any means but night and day vs. stock.

Dave

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond8 For This Useful Post:
goridedoo (12-04-2017), onedoubles (03-31-2018)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:32 PM

Awesome info. Thanks. I think toms e motion upgrade is the option!

Old 01-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Giver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to allGiver is a name known to all

I've had a lot of problems with the Tom's e-motion. Last year broke several parts. Was down for while because they either didn't have a part or they sent me the wrong parts. Then they upgraded me to the new parts which for some reason blow the shock up in two rides.
I tried to get ahold of Tom's a couple times at the beginning of this season to get it running again. Only to be told Tom will have to call me back. He never did, 3-times. I desperately need to go back to stock. Its a way more reliable system.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Currently: pretending I like summer
Tahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond reputeTahoepow has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Good luck getting the E-motion kit from Tom's Snowmobile. I was on "a list" to get one for almost 2 months. Gave up last week. They did call me back about a manufacturer's back order issue for the rear arm. I'll stick with the stock set-up.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:42 PM

Been running mine for 3 seasons no problems