• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well after seeing the New Skidoo T3 and new Polaris- A?C you are sucking hind TIT.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I can't make that Wed class, its the same night I chair the "make fun of 141-146 guys with track envy" group. Sometimes we also do field classes, most recently in Revy with 4-5' of fresh. When we left the shorties at the cabin they were trying to figure out how to lash their sleds together to make a hybrid Élan for more flotation. :face-icon-small-hap

It's all fun......till it gets old.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's all fun......till it gets old.

That story always makes me cry... can you tell it again?:face-icon-small-sho

Don't like it, don't read it... it's not that tough.

it's the internet, if you can't handle dissenting opinions, you should probably avoid it.

Funny, I've actually defended the sled in other threads... it's not a big deal.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
BCIL is just azz chapped

because he's the only MTN. rider in the world with a short azz track, and he's concerned why there aren't other Goofballs around like him. Ha HA

or it may be a short bus thing.

I thought the new T3- is awesome 174x3" weighs only 464 dry pretty saweet.
with the snow around here the 162x3" or 174 has been the way to go.

the reason I started this thread is because I Bleed Green and I want Cat to Dominate but IMO they are not bringing their A game.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You'd be surprised... around here I can count the amount of 160+ tanks that I see in a day usually on one hand. Most folks here just don't run the long tracks.

I agree about wanting them to stand out again, I just don't think that ONE thing doo did is that big a deal, where I do feel the 153 & 162 in a 3" is, and I'm really hoping that there are some bigger changes to 16, which is when I'll be back in the market again.

Got a customer's proclimb though that is getting built up almost EXACTLY the way I'd do it right now... pretty stoked to try this thing out, I feel like it might be just what I'm looking for!

Btw, 153 with a 3" would be like riding a 141... stupid fun!!! :D

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
because he's the only MTN. rider in the world with a short azz track, and he's concerned why there aren't other Goofballs around like him. Ha HA

or it may be a short bus thing.

I thought the new T3- is awesome 174x3" weighs only 464 dry pretty saweet.
with the snow around here the 162x3" or 174 has been the way to go.

the reason I started this thread is because I Bleed Green and I want Cat to Dominate but IMO they are not bringing their A game.

I lived there for a bit and never understood all the long tracks in that snow......that snow is not any more challenging than the other 4 states I ride in just about every year , my 153 did just fine up there

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I was Ribbing BCIL a little

for fun.

Are you sure though Dave, IMO we have Special Magical Snow here in Kalispell.
Ha HA

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I had a TM901-153

and that thing was wicked scary , it would stand on end often when climbing,
I felt the rear bumper dragging on the snow on many occasions, and never knew when it was going to go backwards on me. I did not like it. and that was a 2.25PC. then went Twisted turbo162 which was always 2-3 feet in the air. then went Kmod conversion- down the skis went- it was good. then came 3" track- same problem 2- feet in the air- fun -adjusted Kmod skid for 3"- good-
then scored a Full Kmod with Raptors and a 174x2.5CE- very good.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That story always makes me cry... can you tell it again?:face-icon-small-sho

Don't like it, don't read it... it's not that tough.

it's the internet, if you can't handle dissenting opinions, you should probably avoid it.

Easy Big Dog.....it's all in fun right? I always love the witty banter you bring. :face-icon-small-coo

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I agree with the original post (not to distract from the 146 distraction), and I think Cat needs to hear it loud and clear in sales. They aren't bringing enough to the table to keep me interested and I'm coming from a 1M 900, '09 M8, 10 M8, and now '14 Proclimb. I do love the proclimb and have stated elsewhere I prefer it to the Pro or XM that I also owned. However, I don't see much innovation in Cat. My spec sheet reads 470 pounds which is what my '09 M8 weighed. Give me a break....no weight loss in 6 model years! That's a joke but not really funny to me because I don't want to ride a squirrely XM or a 15% chance of blown motor Polaris. I want an option that makes me happy to drop 13K. I agree with the post, Cat isn't doing much new yet they are charging relatively more and to keep my business it's going to take more. Keep buying them and you deserve what you get. First thing you feel on a proclimb is a really nice sled that handles great.....but feels heavy. I shouldn't have to spend 1000's on aftermarket crap to do what Cat should be doing for what they are charging.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Oh yeah that's right?

I agree with the original post (not to distract from the 146 distraction), and I think Cat needs to hear it loud and clear in sales. They aren't bringing enough to the table to keep me interested and I'm coming from a 1M 900, '09 M8, 10 M8, and now '14 Proclimb. I do love the proclimb and have stated elsewhere I prefer it to the Pro or XM that I also owned. However, I don't see much innovation in Cat. My spec sheet reads 470 pounds which is what my '09 M8 weighed. Give me a break....no weight loss in 6 model years! That's a joke but not really funny to me because I don't want to ride a squirrely XM or a 15% chance of blown motor Polaris. I want an option that makes me happy to drop 13K. I agree with the post, Cat isn't doing much new yet they are charging relatively more and to keep my business it's going to take more. Keep buying them and you deserve what you get. First thing you feel on a proclimb is a really nice sled that handles great.....but feels heavy. I shouldn't have to spend 1000's on aftermarket crap to do what Cat should be doing for what they are charging.

M8onEdge, thanks for bring this thread back to its orginal post! I share your opinion about losing market share simply due to the fact of no real chassis upgrades. Obviously AC is very focused with its new yamaha program but with all of the still current belt blowing issues with the M8's and M1100's. The 800 is by far the best 800 engine in its class but it is in the heaviest chassis too! After the 800 poo engine issues I have had it is hard to ever consider buying another and then again I have an M1100 that has lost 7 belts in less then 550 miles.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
oregon trail

have bought 2 new arctic cats the last seven years.

done with them as they are done with michelle

amf ...

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
Anyone care to make an educated guess as to what trackspeed on that T3 is gonna be? 174" x 3" and 155 hp.

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I would be interested to know where the evolution of the PC chassis might be if they didn't have to design it keeping in mind that it has to be strong enough for high hp 4s motors. None of the other big 2 have to worry about that in a mountain segment. Unfortunately it's not financially possible to have 2 different chassis from a manufacturing standpoint.

Maybe Cat would have been focused on other things if they hadn't started the PC design with tcl's in the first place. Still unclear why they did that IMO.

P
Jan 19, 2014
Fit and finish.

I too am one of the diehard cat riders who have been waiting for AC to be on top of the game. I've never ridden a proclimb. I have no dealer nearby, so I drove 65 miles the other day to one of the boatshop/ AC dealers to check out the blowout price leftover 14's. I was put off by the cobbled look of the gauge pod handlebar windshield area of the sled. It looked like two guys built the air intakes and side panels in their garage. And that after thought metal bracket gauge holder is a joke! Is this the best they can do? Generally speaking I hate Polaris's, but the pro RMK and XM appear much better put together. This is a small thing but it could be way better then it is.

Sep 2, 2009
near rev Canada BC
A/C

Wake up a/c the competition is kicking your ***? I want to talk about that so the best thing about a a/c is the Suzuki engine and they fried them so they could build they own engines. yeah but the best thing about my 1100 is the MOTOR . is any buddy picking up Suzuki i want to go with them so i can have the best thing that a/c had.

Premium Features